The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yesss I diddd
Points dropped for both Arsenal and Everton then.

Whilst you are right that they didn't get full points I would say that a draw at Goodison is a very good result. Also Everton don't really matter to Liverpool from a competitive point of view as they will be far behind by the end of the season.
Original post by Alex Doran
Whilst you are right that they didn't get full points I would say that a draw at Goodison is a very good result. Also Everton don't really matter to Liverpool from a competitive point of view as they will be far behind by the end of the season.

Everton threatened Arsenal's place in the top 4 last season. They will no doubt be challenging Liverpool for top 4 this season so points dropped by Everton is still a good thing.
Original post by samir12
Everton threatened Arsenal's place in the top 4 last season. They will no doubt be challenging Liverpool for top 4 this season so points dropped by Everton is still a good thing.

Everton are not a particularly good side and when they got remotely close to the top 4 they bottled it and were 7 points off by the end. Defensively they are quite good (despite today) but going forward there are so far from the standard of the rest of the top 7 that I just can't see them being close.
We won't know until the end of the season but I would be very surprised if Everton are within 10 points of Liverpool at the end.
Everton are not a particularly good side and when they got remotely close to the top 4 they bottled it and were 7 points off by the end. Defensively they are quite good (despite today) but going forward there are so far from the standard of the rest of the top 7 that I just can't see them being close.
We won't know until the end of the season but I would be very surprised if Everton are within 10 points of Liverpool at the end.

Original post by samir12

Don't forget that Everton are in the Europa League this year too. Their squad isn't the biggest.

I think they'll pay more attention to Europe given how the EL winner gets a CL spot.
Original post by Yesss I diddd
Points dropped for both Arsenal and Everton then.

more bothered about arsenal tbh, but always nice for everton to drop points.
at least now united and arsenal have dropped points in their opening games.
would gladly take a point right now from city, although at least it's good to know that a loss wouldn't put us at a big disadvantage.

considering the circumstances, a draw was good.
but i would be disappointed in a draw away to everton this season tbh
i know ours is different being a derby and all, however there is certainly a gulf in quality.

Original post by samir12

i don't think so this year man - everton had an exceptional campaign last season, something i don't think they'll repeat to quite the same extent.
Reply 625
Congratulations Zerforax!
Reply 626
Balotelli announced on Monday/Tuesday.

Mignolet
Manquillo-Skrtel-Lovren-Moreno
Gerrard
Coutinho------Henderson
Sterling
Sturridge-Balotelli
4-3-3 suso LM end of we've won the league

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 628
Teixeria has 2 goals in 2 games now for Brighton
Original post by Samiz
Balotelli announced on Monday/Tuesday.

Mignolet
Manquillo-Skrtel-Lovren-Moreno
Gerrard
Coutinho------Henderson
Sterling
Sturridge-Balotelli

From SAS to BS. Has a good ring to it.
Original post by little_tom

No. It would be BAS, get it right.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by So Instinct
No. It would be BAS, get it right.

Balotelli Allen Sturridge Fuark I'm ****ting my pants with Allen.
Reply 632

Sturridge, Balotelli, Sterling. SBS, the next best thing to the SAS
Original post by jam278
Balotelli Allen Sturridge Fuark I'm ****ting my pants with Allen.

Might save this in case Allen scores against Chelsea :wink:

What do you want to call giroud and Sanogo?

I normally just say lol.
Reply 635
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
What do you want to call giroud and Sanogo?

I normally just say lol.

We call them GOAT
Reply 636
Original post by AR_95
We call them GOAT

Yeah you should have a decent team when Sanchez starts. When is Wenger planning to give him his debut?
Original post by AR_95
We call them GOAT

Lol.
Original post by kuks
Yeah you should have a decent team when Sanchez starts. When is Wenger planning to give him his debut?

Loooool.
Reply 639
I'm still waiting for Ozil's debut to be honest

Quick Reply

Latest