The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
What are your a levels? And what degree do you want to do?

I've chosen to take Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry, and Economics :smile:

I'm planing to do Economics but I'm still wavering on other options (e.g. Maths, NatSci, Medicine and Dentistry) but hopefully I would have decided for sure by next year.

What about you? :tongue:
Original post by Magnesium

I know, we should have it soon :wink:

Exactly, my dear! We have been engaged for far too long :wink:
Ahh, have you tried contacting hospitals for work exp?

I know, we should have it soon :wink:

My mom's a GP so she does it for me haha
But I'm unsure on how much work experience is enough
Original post by strawberrysnow
Exactly, my dear! We have been engaged for far too long :wink:

We have :wink: You're too perfect to not marry sigh
Original post by PointDexter
My mom's a GP haha
But I'm unsure on how much work experience is enough

Oh that's amazing! Get work experience at her GP practice and then also do some hospital work. She perhaps has contacts right? :smile:

Some of my friends did around 3-4 placements this summer, not very sure how they got them though xD
We have :wink: You're too perfect to not marry sigh

Says you babygal! :wink: Who shall be our maid of honour? :tongue:
I've chosen to take Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry, and Economics :smile:

I'm planing to do Economics but I'm still wavering on other options (e.g. Maths, NatSci, Medicine and Dentistry) but hopefully I would have decided for sure by next year.

What about you? :tongue:

Hmmmm...

That's a hard one... Because if you're set on econ, I'd swap biology with an mfl

But med is a bit harder without bio...

And NatSci you'd be doing biological

So I'd stick with what you have

_

I've just finished AS :smile: hoping to do NatSci
http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/natsci/
I aim to please :biggrin:
Further reading already? And you understand it all? Any suggestions?
I'd advise atleast looking into it, it's a lot morevthan just biology chemistry physics, linkvat the top :smile:
THAT GIF IS SO CUTE OMG
Aww I see xD Is NatSci like a mix of all three sciences? xD Educate me :lol:
Ohh i see! Yeah I've started further reading and have done revision for my subjects, just homework now agh D: Did you get homework?

MATHS :coma:
Hey, a thread like this makes me feel like I'm not alone :P
GCSEs :10A*s 2As
A levels: Maths, Further Maths, History, Economics and Philosophy

Guys, I'm pretty sure you've had your hopes set on Cambridge for a while now and I was wondering- have you guys ever thought about how you would feel/react if you didn't get in?
Ah lucky! My school didn't let me choose to do any early - they were highly against it :tongue: I wish my school did extra curriculars like that xD Mine were debating, news team, art G&T etc xD

Ah I see, I hear OCR MEI is the hardest :frown: I'm doing OCR and I'll be doing both AS' in the first year. So C1, C2, FP1 and S1, D1, M1 :smile: Maths is the one i'm looking forward to the most xD

Yes, everyone says MEI is the hardest. Begs the question, why does our school choose it? It also has coursework - which everyone obviously hates.
Original post by WinterApproaches
Hey, a thread like this makes me feel like I'm not alone :P
GCSEs :10A*s 2As
A levels: Maths, Further Maths, History, Economics and Philosophy

Guys, I'm pretty sure you've had your hopes set on Cambridge for a while now and I was wondering- have you guys ever thought about how you would feel/react if you didn't get in?

AQA Philosophy?

If I don't get in I'll just be really really upset. I won't cry because ultimately I'm not expecting to get a place, but if I don't get in I'll still consider going on a rampage.
Says you babygal! :wink: Who shall be our maid of honour? :tongue:

x

Fish can be the best man :lol:

Original post by lyricalvibe
http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/natsci/
I aim to please :biggrin:
Further reading already? And you understand it all? Any suggestions?
I'd advise atleast looking into it, it's a lot morevthan just biology chemistry physics, linkvat the top :smile:

Ah thankyou xD I was told the course outline earlier and i agree, it sounds amazing xD

Maths ones? :smile: It kind of requires further reading around the reading, which is kind of annoying but at the same time, it's great xD

Original post by otherdan
Yes, everyone says MEI is the hardest. Begs the question, why does our school choose it? It also has coursework - which everyone obviously hates.

Ouch - coursework for maths D: You'll be fine - you're so smart xD
Hi,

GCSEs: 11A*s

Currently go to school in Oxford, but want to get out!

Taking maths, biology, chemistry, physics as level then will drop physics for a level.

want to study medicine. Does anyone have any advice - work experience, further reading, personal statement, UKCAT or BMAT!

Thanks in advance,

Freddie

Ah thankyou xD I was told the course outline earlier and i agree, it sounds amazing xD

Maths ones? :smile: It kind of requires further reading around the reading, which is kind of annoying but at the same time, it's great xD

Ouch - coursework for maths D: You'll be fine - you're so smart xD

:awesome:

I'd be delighted

I'd be delighted

Why thankyou :grouphugs:

The wedding is tomorrow, be prepared :wink:
Oh that's amazing! Get work experience at her GP practice and then also do some hospital work. She perhaps has contacts right? :smile:

Some of my friends did around 3-4 placements this summer, not very sure how they got them though xD

Yeah she as the contacts I guess haha
I think 10 work experience in total may be suitable.
My only current work experience is shadowing the under 18s Luton Town physio this summer
I don't think it's even relevant

Ouch - coursework for maths D: You'll be fine

I notice you did Chinese IGCSE. I did AQA Chinese GCSE. Did you enjoy it?
Hmmmm...

That's a hard one... Because if you're set on econ, I'd swap biology with an mfl

But med is a bit harder without bio...

And NatSci you'd be doing biological

So I'd stick with what you have

_

I've just finished AS :smile: hoping to do NatSci

Thank you for your advice! That was exactly what I was thinking! A MFL would indeed be more useful for Economics, but I'm still undecided >< Well I've got an A* (with full marks) in Mandarin Chinese GCSE but I don't really think that's enough xD

Which AS Levels did you take and what did you get in them (if you don't mind me asking)? :tongue:

Fish, we'll be relying on you :wink:

I'd be delighted

Yay! Don't turn up late! :wink:

Why thankyou :grouphugs:

The wedding is tomorrow, be prepared :wink:

Have you got your wedding dress sorted out yet? :wink:
Whoop whoop! And ooohhh French! :wink:

Wow your gcse's are amazing! :O

And why are you taking French? Is it because you think it's better to have a MFL for the Economics course or just that you really like/are good at French? I'm debating whether to swap one of my sciences for a MFL

Thank you.

I'm taking French becos' I love it :tongue:- for a while I was contemplating between Physics / History as my fourth subj. I realised I didn't like Physics that much. History & French I love in equal measure and I had to make a choice.

Ideally I would've loved to do both French & History at AS and drop one for A2. But my school doesn't let us do 5 AS :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending