The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Sometimes I'm too depressed to apply for jobs, mainly due to past experiences of applying for many jobs and being rejected from everything (makes me feel awful :frown:). But luckily I managed to pluck up the courage to sit on my computer last night and today and apply for loads of jobs. I know I can only keep trying, and I'm feeling hopeful that I'll get something soon :smile:. I just came back home from my latest travels, and only need something between now and when I move to Edinburgh in November. Though, maybe I'll move there earlier if I can find a course I want to do that starts in August or September. Decisions, decisions....
How's everyone doing?

Spoiler

I'm sick of being constantly tired and physically drained - it's every day now and the Dr's just keep putting it down to stress. Blood test showed everything was fine apparently but I'm going to ring for the actual numbers tomorrow and see for myself if anything is maybe borderline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I DID IT!!!!!! :biggrin: :woo: :party: :jive:

I survived my first day at college and people actually spoke to me through choice and it was brilliant AND I MADE FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nutcase: :gasp: :ahee: :awesome:
Original post by tasha96

I survived my first day at college and people actually spoke to me through choice and it was brilliant AND I MADE FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nutcase: :gasp: :ahee: :awesome:

Wooooo :smile:.
Well done! :smile:
Original post by IDukem
So I got nominated for the ice bucket challenge annnnnd I want to do it, but I'm on Pay-As-You-Go and don't have enough credit for a donation and I can't find my phone :redface: What do I do? :tongue:

can you not wait until you do have credit? :smile:

Original post by bubble999
How's everyone doing?

Spoiler

me too, but I'm trying to stay positive :/

Original post by tasha96

yay, I'm proud of you :biggrin:
Original post by tasha96

That's really, really awesome. Go you! :five:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Sometimes I'm too depressed to apply for jobs, mainly due to past experiences of applying for many jobs and being rejected from everything (makes me feel awful :frown:). But luckily I managed to pluck up the courage to sit on my computer last night and today and apply for loads of jobs. I know I can only keep trying, and I'm feeling hopeful that I'll get something soon :smile:. I just came back home from my latest travels, and only need something between now and when I move to Edinburgh in November. Though, maybe I'll move there earlier if I can find a course I want to do that starts in August or September. Decisions, decisions....

I know that feeling, it took me ages to get a job before I got my first one and then after I left that it took me ages again, but trust me keep trying one will come round eventually :smile:
I've arranged that I'm resitting the year as a first attempt (if I get my form in, need to do that tomorrow). Oh it wasn't my job that was a lie, the job is real and great :smile: I told my parents the truth and they've been good about it :smile: they said they're not disappointed :smile: my skin is slowly clearing up, pestered the doctor for a stronger steroid cream (been using them since I was a baby so I've built up a bit of a tolerance) which is helping

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha96

So proud of you lovely :jumphug:

Original post by Noodlzzz
Dr Who last night was really triggering. That's how I act when I'm psychotic :frown:

:hugs:

Original post by alexs2602
Tell me about it and even when I've had enough sleep I don't like to get out of bed until the 'proper time'

I couldnt remember if that was the good news or not I was so sleep deprived.Do you know the hives? Garage rock. They have an amazing live performance, great crowd interaction. I listen to some older music too, this band isn't the newest band in the world either really. I just kinda hung about after the gig, wandering almost aimlessly, tagging along. I try to be punctual for gigs so I arrive when the ticket says to arrive, get a drink of water and head to the stage. Usually I'm not completely at the front but really near. Gig before this I ended up only one row back from the front but also crushed. This time there was a tiny gap and at some point I slid in sideways into that gap because I was skinny enough and somehow ended up facing full forward too.

I haven't heard of them, I'm afraid :colondollar: Were you crushed this time round? Sounds like you had a good time - I'm glad! :smile:

Also, man, do I hate not being able to cook for myself for extended periods. Other people either cook to their own tastes or can't cook very well. Not to toot my own horn but I can cook fairly well if I have my attention on it(I may have burnt some stuff when I got distracted). Tends to not be over or undercooked, well seasoned, taste well. What more can you want? I'm not saying I'm an expert by any means but I haven't been cooking too long and I don't like to spend much on food. Oh, and I tend to cook from scratch. Did something basic today - pork leg steak seasoned with pepper and broccoli. Budgets and limited resources.

I'm the opposite - rarely cook for myself. I tend to get takeaway instead :getmecoat:
Bah, insurance company/pharmacy is being awkward so I still haven't started the new antipsychotic. Hopefully it'll be sorted tomorrow although I have a 3 hour exam in the afternoon and with the voices shouting like this I have no idea how I'm gonna concentrate. At the moment I'm not even sure I'm gonna bother turning up, I keep making mistakes and going back to fix them just on writing this post and part of the exam is a typing speed test so I'm ****ed. :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
Bah, insurance company/pharmacy is being awkward so I still haven't started the new antipsychotic. Hopefully it'll be sorted tomorrow although I have a 3 hour exam in the afternoon and with the voices shouting like this I have no idea how I'm gonna concentrate. At the moment I'm not even sure I'm gonna bother turning up, I keep making mistakes and going back to fix them just on writing this post and part of the exam is a typing speed test so I'm ****ed. :frown:

completely dont understand the USA system, but hope it gets sorted soon!

whats the exam for? :jumphug:
Original post by purple-duck
See above post :s-smilie: :redface: That and rehoming pet and the camping (all sorta the same issue, but :sad:) Thanks though :hugs:
I need to listen to more AM - got a few of their albums but it always seems to gruff for my mood :colondollar: (okay, not "gruff" I don't know what word I'd say to describe it :tongue: :colondollar:)

You've been a lot more productive than me! Organised my shelves but that's pretty much it! :eek:

I'm sure you have time :redface: :smile: I really wish I could knit lil' characters to be fair :redface: :colondollar:
Tesco come okay? Sorry about annoying people not turning up for the games :/

Traffic this weekend seems to just generally be fairy busy - I just went along a route I'm used to to sainsbury's :tongue: Haven't really 'ventured along the coast road yet :eek: Should do at some point though :smile:

Definitely exciting! :smile: Me too - I always find myself talking to myself :colondollar: But oftentimes the few times can feel properly free :redface: :moon: Haha I can't run at all :colondollar: Get exhausted far too quickly!

Well sometimes if things go wrong then the tent can leak if it's raining badly/the tent's not good enough - it's not a complete disaster and doesn't often happen - just makes the holiday more interesting if it does :tongue:

Do you have many/any coping techniques for it? :redface:

We stood and watched him for a fair while :tongue: I think I have a video on my phone somewhere of it :colondollar: Haha! :lol:
Yeah :frown: Never watched Friends? Or the episodes with chick and duck? :redface: Whichever it is you should! :yep: :smile:

:yep: Especially ducks :ninja: :biggrin:

:s-smilie: :hugs: Hope there aren't too many people like that :/ I know my friend always gives those/rude people paper bags if it's raining - their stuff gets wet :tongue:

Seaside :woo: Oh no :frown: I hope they heal up soon - Blisters aren't fun at all :eek: Stalled a couple of times today :s-smilie: in annoying places too - I swear this just stalls far too easily though! Just did the same trip to sainsbury's again :tongue: :redface:

Yes, I'm sure they will :smile: Yeah, is scary :s-smilie: Do try make sure you go though if you find you're struggling! :hugs: Though hopefully the fresh start/freedom should help? :redface: Not rambling - or at least you're making sense :colondollar: :smile: Currently fearing diagnosis for sort of similar reasons possibly, I'm not quite sure. :dontknow:

You are lots!! :smile: :hugs: Thanks :redface: Likewise - though don't fell pressured to reply asap! :eek: Don't expect you to :nah: :smile:

Was thinking the same earlier! :eek:

As panda says, can go another day :redface: Hope they quieten up :unimpressed: :hugs:

Patrick Stewart :yep: (and data)

Yays! Sounds good - is nice seeing friends :smile: (even if I'm being incredibly scared of it at the moment :erm:)
It's alright to still feel mweh though, sort of - I mean it's sad - but don't feel bad for thinking it? Sounds as though they're good friends though - and nice of them to visit! :smile:

Yeah mine too, although with drinking games/when drunk/at parties recently they're always semi-boasting about stuff semi-subtly :/ I'm sort of fine with it, but just scary and :erm: :dontknow: Yeah I know what you mean - as in it's not the people mocking, but just the fact that they're not single and you are :redface:

:hugs: If it's any somehow consolation, it sounds as though they're super tough work :eek: Though also very adorable :redface:

Feeling relaxed and free is very good. :smile: And calming. :smile: I ran down my road and my heart rate was fast for ages. Fitness level: 0.

Oh no. :redface: I can't imagine sleeping in a wet tent. :redface: I'm sure it'd be fine though.

I have no coping techniques I'm useless, well, breathing works sometimes. If I'm not alone. If I'm alone, I don't really calm down and my heart rate is like crazy. But soon I'll never be alone again. Well, its a year. :frown: But 1 year goes fast right. :frown:

I'm so depressed today, feeling really bad and like I have no friends. I've also been angry at things, for no reason. I'm snappy today, like a twig. Snap. I don't even know. What is going on with me right now, I'm typing rubbish.

Omg, that's so adorable. :biggrin: I need a pet duck in my life. I've never seen friends. I'm not into tv really, I go on and off it. I'll like eastenders and then I'll get bored of it and then like it again. Same with youtube. :confused:

:hugs:
Original post by PandaWho
completely dont understand the USA system, but hope it gets sorted soon!

whats the exam for? :jumphug:

Thanks. :smile: t's a pretty new drug so is expensive which means I need to jump through a few hoops before they'll agree to pay for it. The pharmacy didn't tell me this until just now and the insurance company closes at 5pm (It's just gone 5). It's like $700 a month so there's no way I can pay myself.

The exam is for a job I've applied to. One 3 hour one tomorrow and a 4 hour one on friday. It's kinda ridiculous but I need a job and this one pays better than McDonald's. :tongue:
Thanks. :smile: t's a pretty new drug so is expensive which means I need to jump through a few hoops before they'll agree to pay for it. The pharmacy didn't tell me this until just now and the insurance company closes at 5pm (It's just gone 5). It's like $700 a month so there's no way I can pay myself.

The exam is for a job I've applied to. One 3 hour one tomorrow and a 4 hour one on friday. It's kinda ridiculous but I need a job and this one pays better than McDonald's. :tongue:

oh no! silly pharmacy! hopefully they will pay for it! try again tomorrow i guess?

whattttt 2 exams for a job :eek2: really hope the voices shut up and let you get on with it! :penguinhug:
oh no! silly pharmacy! hopefully they will pay for it! try again tomorrow i guess?

whattttt 2 exams for a job :eek2: really hope the voices shut up and let you get on with it! :penguinhug:

Yeah, gonna call them tomorrow.

I know, it's ridiculous, I thought there was just a typing speed test I have no idea what the rest of the test is. :/

Thanks, I hope so too although I doubt it. :frown:

My cat's jumped on the desk and keeps rubbing himself on my fingers as I type. I like to think this is because he's a therapy cat and is trying to cheer me up but it's probably just because he's hungry. :tongue:
Yeah, gonna call them tomorrow.

I know, it's ridiculous, I thought there was just a typing speed test I have no idea what the rest of the test is. :/

Thanks, I hope so too although I doubt it. :frown:

My cat's jumped on the desk and keeps rubbing himself on my fingers as I type. I like to think this is because he's a therapy cat and is trying to cheer me up but it's probably just because he's hungry. :tongue:

how baffling! like i said, hopefully the voices piss off so you can do it!

deffinately go with the therepy cat idea :tongue: sounds much nice than hunger cat :tongue:
i miss how my old cat used to come and sit on me when i was down, and hide under the blanket with me and stuff.
ohh i want a pet :sad:
then next place we move to i want to make sure i can have a pet :yes:
Reply 1237
Good evening people :smile:

Mine does the same :p: Nothing to do with being hungry, just attention seeking!
how baffling! like i said, hopefully the voices piss off so you can do it!

deffinately go with the therepy cat idea :tongue: sounds much nice than hunger cat :tongue:
i miss how my old cat used to come and sit on me when i was down, and hide under the blanket with me and stuff.
ohh i want a pet :sad:
then next place we move to i want to make sure i can have a pet :yes:

I know what you mean, when I was a kid I had a cat who was always there when I felt like **** and cuddling him made me feel a hell of a lot better. Good plan on getting one when you move. :smile:

Are you feeling better tonight btw? I saw you mention a man outside your window who was scaring you yesterday.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samba
Good evening people :smile:

Mine does the same :p: Nothing to do with being hungry, just attention seeking!

Evenin' :smile:

Aw, mine makes it very difficult to type but he's so fluffy and cute that I don't mind really. :colondollar:

Latest