The Student Room Group

The stationery and organisation thread MK II!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cassicles

x

I remember seeing those backpacks in Asda and thinking they're really cool, I wanted to buy one but then I remembered I had already bought a bag for next year like 6 months ago :rolleyes:
Right, this may seem like a really obscure question, but where can you donate stationery (:colondollar:) I have accumulated lots of different random items of stationery mostly pens and pen ink refill cartridges? I don't use them so I want to get rid of them so that I have more space and can then buy stationery that I will actually use :redface:
Original post by Anonymous #2
6 pairs?! I have one pair of Topshop jeans and about 5 pairs of the £7 ones from Primark :tongue:
Suppose it makes sense if you have so many pairs haha, what fineliners are you getting? I still don't know which ones to get!

Yeah I'm a little obsessed with top shop jeans as well as stationary :colondollar:
I always get the stabilo ones :smile:
Original post by Fortitude
Right, this may seem like a really obscure question, but where can you donate stationery (:colondollar:) I have accumulated lots of different random items of stationery mostly pens and pen ink refill cartridges? I don't use them so I want to get rid of them so that I have more space and can then buy stationery that I will actually use :redface:

I think you could just donate it to your local charity shop, as long as it's in good or new condition
I remember seeing those backpacks in Asda and thinking they're really cool, I wanted to buy one but then I remembered I had already bought a bag for next year like 6 months ago :rolleyes:

Hell yeaaah, I've been wanting one of these for a while now! What does yours look like?
Original post by Gingerbread101
I was in WHSmith a few days ago and bought these amazingly cute little post it notes for 75p!! 75p I say!! :woo:

Omg I got some tooo. What are yours like?
Original post by simplylldxo
WH Smith 'cheapies' are still expensive :smile:... God I'm showing my age (a few years ago, I would have gone to WH Smith for everything), this year I went to Wilkos and Asda :smile:

I dont see how a £per folder is expensive..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Soooo tempted by the Staedtler Triplus Fineliner Pack of 30, I've used and re-bought the 20 pack for years, they're just so beautiful :ahee:

They've gone down in price on Amazon to £14.45 (they were £25 up until a few days ago) and I'm soooo tempted to order them, but I don't know whether to be cheap and hold out until free delivery is available :colondollar:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Staedtler-Triplus-Fineliner-Pack-30/dp/B00JMXXBQG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1409421681&sr=8-2&keywords=staedtler+30+fineliners
Original post by ndunleavy
I think you could just donate it to your local charity shop, as long as it's in good or new condition

Yep, I think that's what I'll do because they're new and haven't been used
Original post by economicsgirl2014
does anyone know where i can buy to do list post it notes please?

paperchase ♡♡♡♡
Original post by Sarao
Yeah I'm a little obsessed with top shop jeans as well as stationary :colondollar:
I always get the stabilo ones :smile:

All the best things in life :biggrin:

I'm thinking of converting to those, but then which pack?!
Original post by HarrietROAR

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wilkos - 50p.
Original post by 42Helium
Hey! Thought I would post some more pictures as some people asked me to :smile:

Binders (Staples Better Binders (3 for 2)), my WHSmiths Blue dot pencil case and paper box from WHSmiths. I don't think they sell the cherry design any more but they do other designs I think. The better binders are fantastic and really sturdy. When I find out more about my classes I am going to make a spine label and front sheet on photoshop. Probably with my timetable and pattern to match my agenda. (Totally not obsessive about things being just so :biggrin:)
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1409412028.363240.jpg

My new journal: Lilly Pulitzer large in Jellies be Jammin'. Including the spine, it is 18.5cm wide, 22.5cm tall and 2.75cm deep. An A5 sheet of paper fits comfortably inside it. It is held shut by a pink elastic band around it.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1409412062.435021.jpg

Month view for September. I still need to put in TV times (Scott and Bailey, Dragons Den etc) and all my Internet favourites (Roosterteeth etc) but I have already got by favourite shows in (University challenge, RWBY and RvB!). You get two month views, one will be my personal life and one will be school deadlines etc.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1409412110.510937.jpg

High five to you if you know who this is :wink:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1409413436.356515.jpg

Week view
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1409412676.227165.jpg

I use Inkjoy 100 pens as they are colourful and don't smudge. I got a pack of 10 for £2.50 in WHSmiths. I also have some of the 300RT but the 100 are cheaper and are just as good quality and last as long. I am about to go into sixth form and am taking Physics, Chem, Maths and Further Maths. But I am doing the maths in the first year and the FM in the second. (The colours of the binders match the subject colour too!)
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1409412695.564117.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1409413355.441136.jpg

Wow. Hope this helped and if you want any more photos or something, just say. And yay! New thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please tell me more about this spine and cover things you make in photoshop they sound wonderful :'D
Original post by Anonymous #2
All the best things in life :biggrin:

I'm thinking of converting to those, but then which pack?!

I'd say start with the original ten pack then build on that :smile:
Original post by cassicles
Hell yeaaah, I've been wanting one of these for a while now! What does yours look like?

I didn't buy a backpack from Asda in the end (even though I remember liking one with butterflies on) as I'd already bought a cross body/shoulder bag from Dorothy Perkins which in hindsight I maybe shouldn't have bought :angry:
(edited 9 years ago)
this is what I have for uni so far

- wall planner with white board pen and 1200+ stickers
- personal size filofax
- 2 different packets of fineliners
- 5 highlighters
- 5 biros (which can be lent out...)
- 30 injoy pens, incl the 10 colour pack thing
- 3 A4 oxford notebooks
- 1 A5 oxford notebook
- 1 A4 pukka pad project book
- 5 sharpies
- 2 rulers
- a LOT of coloured pencils
- a thing of paper clips/folder clip things
- blu tac
- 100 record cards
- a stack of sticky notes
- 2 rubbers
- 2 memory sticks + 2 SD cards
- 2 sharpeners
- 10 felt tips
- a bunch of pencils
- 2 pencil cases
- tippex
- 2 plastic button wallet things
- purple fountain pen
- a bunch of spare generic pens

is there anything else I need? I've gone a bit overboard :s-smilie:
Original post by _Kath
Soooo tempted by the Staedtler Triplus Fineliner Pack of 30, I've used and re-bought the 20 pack for years, they're just so beautiful :ahee:

They've gone down in price on Amazon to £14.45 (they were £25 up until a few days ago) and I'm soooo tempted to order them, but I don't know whether to be cheap and hold out until free delivery is available :colondollar:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Staedtler-Triplus-Fineliner-Pack-30/dp/B00JMXXBQG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1409421681&sr=8-2&keywords=staedtler+30+fineliners

I ordered them 2 days ago for my sister's birthday present and they just arrived from Cultpens! They are £15.99 with free delivery, and you get a free 2GB Staedtler USB stick too.

The colours are gorgeous, totally recommend them :love:
Original post by HarrietROAR

Posted from TSR Mobile

But typically WH Smith is expensive including the basics but like I said, I think it's my age showing through as when I was younger, I prefer buying more expensive stationery.

Are you wanting to get money in return for it? If not, I could find some use for them hahah
Right, now that we're all friends and accustomed to the new thread, let me ask a question.

How many of you watch organisation and stationery videos on youtube? (I'm desperately hoping at least one other person does so I don't have to shy away forever hahaha)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending