Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

The Official Durham Fresher's Thread 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by exobel
Finally another Anthropologist! I was starting to worry for a bit at the lack of Anthrop students in the Durham threads :^_^:
BA or BSc if you don't mind me asking?

I shall also be doing anthropology Bsc and I will be staying at Collingwood. Yes it is rather difficult to find Anthropology students, thank goodness for you guys!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 221
Any mature students staying in halls? I shall be in Collingwood studying Anthropology Bsc and I am 24. Any mature students at all?
Original post by esiole7
Any mature students staying in halls? I shall be in Collingwood studying Anthropology Bsc and I am 24. Any mature students at all?

I'm a mature student (32) and I'll be staying in halls and am also in Collingwood.
Reply 223
Original post by NebulousBlue
I'm a mature student (32) and I'll be staying in halls and am also in Collingwood.

Fantastic! Glad to know I won't be the only one. What are you studying?
Original post by esiole7
Fantastic! Glad to know I won't be the only one. What are you studying?

I'm doing Law with Foundation.
Original post by Lady_L
I'm going to Mary's and I'm reading Chinese Studies! :biggrin:

Hi, me too!! :smile:
Original post by Yoshisandwich
Hey, I'm doing law at Van Mildert, anyone joining me :smile:...

I am! :smile:
Original post by CloverCotton
Hi, me too!! :smile:

Are you reading Chinese? Turns out I'm now at Castle College instead though...
Biomedical science at Collingwood!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avb212
natural sciences (biology and chemistry) at university college!

anyone from castle had their accommodation allocations yet?? I haven't and really want to know :smile:

also, did everyone else get a thing in the post today about the Durham union and the Michaelmas ball.. the ball sounds fun but not sure if its as popular as it claims?! If it is I'd like to go but don't want to buy a ticket (for £70!!!!) before I start at durham if no one actually goes!

Hey there :smile: I'm at castle college too and I'll be studying physics, I'm in moatside Q6
I wanted to join a debating society anyway so I got membership with the union and tickets to the ball... I now have no money but apparently most of the unions socials are free the rest of the year haha
Reply 230
Hi, I'm another mature student (22) doing law with foundation. Haven't been assigned a college yet though
hi i'm a postgraduate student. i'll be studying masters in archaeology. havent got through with accommodation.
Does anyone know the situation with the ice rink in durham?
Original post by markjones34
Does anyone know the situation with the ice rink in durham?

ice rink?? whats with that?
Reply 234
Original post by Dwyer_17
Im doing Business and Management in Stephenson college but Im living in the mezzino apartments. Anyone else living there? Dont really know what to bring Kitchen wise and find out who we will be sharing apartments with?

Hi yes i'm living in Mezzino! Doing Accounting an Finance with foundation at John Snow
Reply 235
Hi I'm at St Mary's and I was wondering when we find out about which room/building/corridor we have been given? Or if we simply find out on the day we arrive?
Any Mancunians here?
Original post by Rock_Set
Any Mancunians here?

Not Mancunian but I'm from Blackburn which isn't a million miles away.
Original post by NebulousBlue
Not Mancunian but I'm from Blackburn which isn't a million miles away.

Ah, awesome :smile: Do people ever recognise your accent? I have a friend from Blackburn and people always guess he's from Bristol for some reason :laugh:
Original post by Rock_Set
Ah, awesome :smile: Do people ever recognise your accent? I have a friend from Blackburn and people always guess he's from Bristol for some reason :laugh:

It occasionally get's recognised but more often than not people have a go at imitating it :biggrin:

You sort of don't realise how strange it sounds until you spend some time around a bunch of southerners when you start to become a bit self-concious of it but you get used to it (it's an invite to tease them for their funny accents) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest