The Student Room Group

Getting CGP A-level books problem...

Hi there,

I'm starting my A-levels next week. So, I'm wondering how can I get the right CGP books for the subjects I'm taking. I find that books have different course codes that the ones in college. So how can I get the right ones for maths, biology and physics?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Don't buy anything until you know exactly which syllabus your college teaches. They will tell you when you start. They may also have a recommendation of books for you, so just hold off until next week.
Reply 2
Original post by yussefsoudan
Hi there,

I'm starting my A-levels next week. So, I'm wondering how can I get the right CGP books for the subjects I'm taking. I find that books have different course codes that the ones in college. So how can I get the right ones for maths, biology and physics?

Thanks in advance.

Find out which exam board you'll be studying for each subject and then select the right CGP book. This is good because then the biology content (for example) won't be general A level stuff but specifically tailored to your exam board! You can get them off Amazon for cheaper.
Original post by 2en1
Find out which exam board you'll be studying for each subject and then select the right CGP book. This is good because then the biology content (for example) won't be general A level stuff but specifically tailored to your exam board! You can get them off Amazon for cheaper.

I know they're AQA. Other than that, I've no idea.
Reply 4
Original post by yussefsoudan
I know they're AQA. Other than that, I've no idea.

Well theirs only one CGP book then for each subject, so browse on Amazon/bookstore for AQA AS Biology/maths/ physics. Personally I found the CGP books really helpful and clear so would rexommend!
Reply 5
I personally wouldn't bother buying CGP book for maths - I bought the AS + A2 from my school and hardly flicked through them...

So much more helpful resources online imo

Quick Reply

Latest