The Student Room Group

Can you get an A* in A level business without the help of a teacher?

Im resitting 2 of my a levels this year and I've picked up a level business to complete in one year. Problem is, I have to study it independently without any help of a teacher. This includes marking my papers. I'm stressing a bit because the edexcel a level business spec is so vague so I always feel like there is a little a bit of content I'm missing from the youtube videos I'm watching and the cgp book I'm revising from. I'm also stressing because I've heard that the marking is quite harsh and if I'm marking my own practice papers it won't be as accurate as the marking from actual examiners. Are there any revision resources that definitely cover every point I need to know? Also, am i right to be stressing about this stuff? (For context, I do maths and physics as my other 2 subjects so I haven't really done any essay writing in a long time)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by JamieInit
Im resitting 2 of my a levels this year and I've picked up a level business to complete in one year. Problem is, I have to study it independently without any help of a teacher. This includes marking my papers. I'm stressing a bit because the edexcel a level business spec is so vague so I always feel like there is a little a bit of content I'm missing from the youtube videos I'm watching and the cgp book I'm revising from. I'm also stressing because I've heard that the marking is quite harsh and if I'm marking my own practice papers it won't be as accurate as the marking from actual examiners. Are there any revision resources that definitely cover every point I need to know? Also, am i right to be stressing about this stuff? (For context, I do maths and physics as my other 2 subjects so I haven't really done any essay writing in a long time)

I don't have any advice on how you can fix that marking problem because I don't see any way where you can mark properly without any teacher. But these are the resources I've got:
Tutor2u website (they have many resources such as notes, videos, sample essays etc)
Savemyexams notes
Bizconsesh yt channel
Takingthebiz yt channel

Quick Reply

Latest