The Student Room Group

Remarks for 2014.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jams97
Anyone getting spanish remarked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i put in for my oral to be remarked :smile:
Original post by AlexKay99
Yes it was priority however it is the weekend and I was told it would arrive on the 6th so probably there is no one at center.

How on earth would they know it would be back on the 6th?
Original post by Compost
How on earth would they know it would be back on the 6th?

I contacted edexcel last week and they told me this. :smile:
I contacted edexcel last week and they told me this. :smile:

Weird. Edexcel normally send priority scripts back in a couple of hours and don't normally discuss specifics with candidates, except private candidates.
Original post by Compost
Weird. Edexcel normally send priority scripts back in a couple of hours and don't normally discuss specifics with candidates, except private candidates.

I am a private candidate so I requested it myself. I was told that I takes around 18 days for the priority copy to arrive and they would arrive in electronic form, I'm sure they will not arrive by post because I didn't write anything 'out of the lines' as such, certainly not out of the border/margin on the paper anyway.
I was also told that a new law has been implemented only about a week ago that private candidates can receive their scripts directly on their email without the center being involved which is great because I don't want any centers involved with my results.

I'll contact them on Monday to see what the story is. I'm getting worried and moreover, annoyed!
(edited 9 years ago)
I am a private candidate so I requested it myself. I was told that I takes around 18 days for the priority copy to arrive

If you'd done it though the centre it would have taken a few hours. I can only assume that the difference is that centres are trusted to pay on credit but I'm not sure why it takes 18 days to clear your money. (I'm even more baffled by why it is then being sent (as you said in an earlier post) to the centre if they weren't involved).

I was also told that a new law has been implemented only about a week ago that private candidates can receive their scripts directly on their email without the center being involved which is great because I don't want any centers involved with my results.

Odd as until recently the only way for private candidates to make post results queries for some exam boards was directly. I have regarded the fact that it can now be done by centres as an improvement as it is so much quicker.
Any A2 AQA geography remarks back yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Compost
If you'd done it though the centre it would have taken a few hours. I can only assume that the difference is that centres are trusted to pay on credit but I'm not sure why it takes 18 days to clear your money. (I'm even more baffled by why it is then being sent (as you said in an earlier post) to the centre if they weren't involved).

Odd as until recently the only way for private candidates to make post results queries for some exam boards was directly. I have regarded the fact that it can now be done by centres as an improvement as it is so much quicker.

Edexcel is a joke, not an exam board, that's why.
Don't get me started on my battling over the phone for several days with them because almost every employee is an incompetent and uneducated person with their own agenda. I called the first time to request an ATS copy form and they said I can only apply through my center. Utterly misleading, I told them I have a right to apply directly because I'm a private candidate and they put my on hold for 3 hours only to tell me I was right, no even sorry.
On top of it all, it took them 3 days and a dozen angry phone calls later for them to send me that bloody form.
Reply 268
Put in for my written to be remarked. What exam board ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miz_mixy
Any A2 AQA geography remarks back yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still waiting for my OCR A2 Geography remark from results day, I've heard the AS ones are back. Is there a reason why A2 Geog is taking so long?
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
I'm still waiting for my OCR A2 Geography remark from results day, I've heard the AS ones are back. Is there a reason why A2 Geog is taking so long?

I have absolutely no idea, and I sent mine the day after results day. Is yours a non priority too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miz_mixy
I have absolutely no idea, and I sent mine the day after results day. Is yours a non priority too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes as my uni place doesn't depend on it. I'm beginning to get worried that my school either forgot to submit it or are just not telling me the outcome as they don't want to upset me! It's been nearly a month, surely they must be done soon!
Is anyone else waiting on OCR A2 Geog remarks?
Is anyone else waiting on OCR A2 Geog remarks?

OCR anything is very slow.
Original post by Compost

Are you waiting on any F764 remarks at your centre? I'm so worried that either my school forgot to put it in or just aren't telling me that it stayed the same/went down! It was non priority. :smile:
Original post by Compost

Would anyone know whether CIE is just as slow as OCR? I submitted my CIE A Level Physics on results day and still hasn't arrived. Non-priority btw.
Are you waiting on any F764 remarks at your centre? I'm so worried that either my school forgot to put it in or just aren't telling me that it stayed the same/went down! It was non priority. :smile:

We've had all the priority ones back plus everything non priority we asked for up to 17 August, but nothing after that (but they haven't come back in the order they were ordered in, even within the same unit.)
Original post by Godel_Mark
Would anyone know whether CIE is just as slow as OCR? I submitted my CIE A Level Physics on results day and still hasn't arrived. Non-priority btw.

They're pretty slow - we don't do a lot with CIE but what we have ordered isn't back yet.
Reply 278
Hi,

I did AQA A Level Maths this year and ended up with 469 UMS out of 600, and so was 11 UMS of an A.

Do you think it would be worth getting all of my a level maths papers remarked?

Thanks for any help
Original post by SamKG95
Hi,

I did AQA A Level Maths this year and ended up with 469 UMS out of 600, and so was 11 UMS of an A.

Do you think it would be worth getting all of my a level maths papers remarked

Not really, Maths seldom moved by more than 1-2 marks.

Quick Reply

Latest