The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
yeuuuck. cannot remember the last time I felt quite this horribly depressed. not a great deal of sign of instability or BPD symptoms, just pure depression. this is horrible

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
For sure :biggrin: I still haven't worked up the guts to ask for a code thing and password :getmecoat: Well done you for doing that though - can't have been easy! :rave:

I get a bit embarrassed about it sometimes coz I'm really too old to be having my mum phone up for me. I just remind myself that I'm mentally disabled and that I need to be kinder to myself about these kinda things though :o:

It was scary! I was in an upbeat moment though and I was feeling productive so I just went for it before my anxiety took over again :biggrin:.

Don't be embarrassed about it, I get my mum to do the same for me too, phone calls are absolutely terrifying. It's not your fault :hugs:

Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
It's enough to put people off. Yay for recognising that people have phone phobia.

It really is, phone calls are really nervewracking!
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
It's enough to put people off. Yay for recognising that people have phone phobia.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think I bought the wrong replacement laptop. Eek.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SweetNothing
Don't be embarrassed about it, I get my mum to do the same for me too, phone calls are absolutely terrifying. It's not your fault :hugs:

It really is, phone calls are really nervewracking!

Just to butt in here, I agree telephone calls are ****ing terrifying. I've made more phone calls in the past year than my whole life together and it really hasn't got any easier. I still have to practice beforehand :colondollar:
Original post by Sabertooth
Just to butt in here, I agree telephone calls are ****ing terrifying. I've made more phone calls in the past year than my whole life together and it really hasn't got any easier. I still have to practice beforehand :colondollar:

Same, they're just scary and I have to rehearse what I'm going to say a lot and then build up some courage to use the phone :colondollar:
Its become blatently clear my step dad has no idea about my life and it kinda upsets me. He has no idea how ill i am.

Also kinda thinking iv read into the email wrong and its meaning the opposite... :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by senz72
Think I bought the wrong replacement laptop. Eek.

Replacement laptop? Most shops will let you take back laptops/change things round, I'd think :redface:
Also - I meant to reply ages ago - but massive well done's on your results from last week or something - is amazing and should be so proud of yourself! :hugs: Really happy it all turned out okay :smile:
:woo:

---------------------------------------------------

Was having an alright day I think, then talking to mum after watching bake-off and she starts talking about this summer/how next year will be, and how they're disappointed that I've not done anything this summer, and that I haven't gotten a job, and then asks about dofe and work placements for next year and what I'm going to do to keep up next year. Says she's proud of my results this year, but still just so :frown: and just reminded me of it all. Sort of just want to say "I've had a horrible year and summer and getting a job's difficult and super scary" but can't.

Sorry for not posting in ages - I hope you're all okay :hugs: Got people to reply to, I know :getmecoat:

Moving back to Uni in 2/3 days - scary! Going to do some packing tonight, but generally about if anyone needs a chat/PM/scrabble :redface:
Original post by PandaWho
Its become blatently clear my step dad has no idea about my life and it kinda upsets me. He has no idea how ill i am.

Also kinda thinking iv read into the email wrong and its meaning the opposite... :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: about your step dad, hun.
My dad is being similar, even though I told them the reason I'm resitting was MH stuff he thinks I was just lazy and out getting drunk all the time :s-smilie:

And I had a look at the bit of the email you posted, and I'd say you read it right, it seems positive :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SweetNothing
Same, they're just scary and I have to rehearse what I'm going to say a lot and then build up some courage to use the phone :colondollar:

Oh yeah, I know what you mean! I've been known to stay up all night if I have a super important phonecall the next day just because I get so scared.

My wife has been forcing me to make all the calls as she has this strange idea that I'll hate them less if I have to make millions. :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I can see where you're coming from with it meaning the opposite but I think that would be incredibly cruel of her to phrase it like that so I would be inclined to believe your first interpretation.

also, I saw your post about antidepressants. I really don't get their reasoning normally it's too easy to get them. Is there no one you can ask for a second opinion?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3151
Poor people who suck on the phone :console:

It's not something I've ever had difficulty with :p:
Original post by Odd socks
:hugs: about your step dad, hun.
My dad is being similar, even though I told them the reason I'm resitting was MH stuff he thinks I was just lazy and out getting drunk all the time :s-smilie:

And I had a look at the bit of the email you posted, and I'd say you read it right, it seems positive :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they just seem so onlivious. Im not even sure what my step dad thought when i told mum i was having to resit, but i bet he thought i didnt put enough effort in...

I hope so, i have a horrible feeling about it though :s-smilie: kinda wishing i hadnt told ANYONE including my mum

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I can see where you're coming from with it meaning the opposite but I think that would be incredibly cruel of her to phrase it like that so I would be inclined to believe your first interpretation.

also, I saw your post about antidepressants. I really don't get their reasoning normally it's too easy to get them. Is there no one you can ask for a second opinion?

I just seem to have it in my brain that shes telling me to get my hopes up but its a big lie! I just know :s-smilie:

Yeah i dont understand their reasoning either considering they didnt want me on quetiapine for long, so thought theyd want me off that not on more!
Well its up to me, my dr said shed only go with it if i agreed but i worry if i say no ill be left with nothing as she kinda goes with the MH team as guidence...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ever feel like you want to say so much to someone but your anxiety gets in the way? I mean someone who you really like 😍but you go to speak to them and you like... shut down😩And it makes you feel like the worlds telling you it just isnt meant to be. You wonder "what if I had more confidence"😢
And the phonecall thing ? ... Damn I will sometimes shake with anxiety after coming off the phone
I just seem to have it in my brain that shes telling me to get my hopes up but its a big lie! I just know :s-smilie:

Yeah i dont understand their reasoning either considering they didnt want me on quetiapine for long, so thought theyd want me off that not on more!
Well its up to me, my dr said shed only go with it if i agreed but i worry if i say no ill be left with nothing as she kinda goes with the MH team as guidence...

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is some evidence that quetiapine can help with depression as well as psychosis and paranoia, although it's generally as an add-on rather than by itself. So maybe they're hoping the increase in that is enough to help your depression?
Original post by furryface12
Was getting more and more annoyed at myself for being completely incapable of doing anything like a normal person, or anything at all. Plus parents having a massive go at me for not being able to concentrate or remember anything (do they think I can help it? It drives me mad far more than them!), tired and feel generally crap and just got in a complete mess over it all and didn't know what to do with myself! There's a load more going on too but can't really say on here, not sure as I really want to go into it anyway :s-smilie:

Sorry about the rant, really not had the best couple of days sorry! Don't feel you need to reply to any of it, kind of just needed to get it out of my system :tongue: How are you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

awww :frown:.:hugs:. Sometimes people just don't understand. They aren't trying to wind you up or anything, its just they don't get it.

Don't worry about the rant! :hugs:.
I've been good thanks :smile:. Felt a little down about the whole being single stuff, but I get that from time to time.
Oh yeah, I know what you mean! I've been known to stay up all night if I have a super important phonecall the next day just because I get so scared.

My wife has been forcing me to make all the calls as she has this strange idea that I'll hate them less if I have to make millions. :sigh:

Same! I hate it when job interviews wanna have a phone interview because that's just not a good idea for my MH at all!

Original post by samba
Poor people who suck on the phone :console:

It's not something I've ever had difficulty with :p:

Lucky for some! :p:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
PRSOM :biggrin:

PRSOM right back at ya! :p:
Original post by WelshBluebird
awww :frown:.:hugs:. Sometimes people just don't understand. They aren't trying to wind you up or anything, its just they don't get it.

Don't worry about the rant! :hugs:.
I've been good thanks :smile:. Felt a little down about the whole being single stuff, but I get that from time to time.

Yeah I know, and I'm not exactly the best person at talking/explaining things to people so it's probably mostly my fault anyway :s-smilie:

Good :smile: Am I weird for never having been in a relationship, and never really having had any interest in having one with anyone? I was thinking this the other day, it's just not ever been a feature :colondollar: Have you ever had a girl/boyfriend? (You don't have to answer if you don't want to :redface:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest