The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Riku
I will be online for maybe another hour if you wanna talk? :smile:

:hugs:

Thanks for the offer :hugs: Hope you're okay.

Original post by ParadoxSocks
I definitely need a TSR hug today *sniffles*

:penguinhug:
Original post by .snowflake.
-hugs for scary and socky and the rest of my MHSS dudes-

:hugs: sweetie. How are you?

Original post by Mazzini
So tired. Everything just seems so much effort. :frown:

:frown: Sorry to hear that :console:
Reply 4442
Original post by bullettheory
Yeah sure, PM me anytime :smile:

Thank you :smile:.
Original post by samba
so true :p: Excited for uni?!

Yeah I guess so :')
Original post by ScaryScience
:hugs: sweetie. How are you?

:frown: Sorry to hear that :console:

Good days, bad days. My ibs is being a tit atm. Me+ fybogel = not a happy bunny. VERY gurgly tummy :/
Trying to pack to go back to uni. I have so much STUFF!
another bad day. can now feel a attack about to start, so im not looking forward to that.
Reply 4446
Original post by Sabertooth
Whilst you're looking for almond snickers, peanut butter snickers sound good but I felt let down by them. Nowhere near as good as peanut butter kit kats :tongue:

Hmm, there are quite a lot of things I miss. What springs to mind is:
Yorkshire tea
Rowntrees pick & mix sweets (fruit gums, fruit pastiles and tootie frooties)
Heinz tomato soup
Ribena (in fact, any squash would be good!)
Vimto
Rhubarb and custard sweets
Weetabix
Chippy chips
Christmas pudding
Rhubarb crumble
Muller fruit corners and rice pudding

Oh that list turned out longer than expected. I will make sure to fully indulge in everything next time I'm in the UK. :biggrin:

Sorry for the late reply!

There's peanut butter snickers too! I went to an american sweet shop near me but it has closed down :frown:. I'll get an almond snickers one day!

I remember reading a thread on here about the lack of squash in the US... it's so bizarre! What about Kool Aid? Is that similar to squash?

What about things you can get in the US but not here? Is there anything that we're missing out on in the UK? I am way too interested in american food/ sweets haha :colondollar:.

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
yeah, that's the plan anyway, hopefully all works out okay!

yeah my head's been okay today so maybe was just tiredness :erm: sorry you cried again, why do you think those times are worst for you?

oh wow, that does sound really sad yeah :/ probably not the best thing to watch if you feel down anyway! maybe watch something funny/cheerful tonight?

voluntary work sounds good, hopefully you are able to stick to the plan as best you can! fair enough, like I said I know how awful it can feel to feel lost in life, maybe write down your plan on a piece of paper or something so you can check things off as you do them? thank you, that's really kind of you to offer :smile:

they did :yep: just been playing video games since tbh :tongue: trying to keep myself distracted as I am missing my girlfriend loads atm!

Nights/ early mornings are worse because the house is too quiet and I am completely alone and end up over thinking and just feeling worse :sigh:. I think going to bed at a 'normal' time would help I guess and I have been trying to.

I'm avoiding sad videos, especially at night! I've downloaded some stuff to help distract me if I can't sleep... watching something probably isn't the best idea to help sort out my sleeping pattern but I would rather do that than get overwhelmed by negative/sad thoughts and cry.

I'm hopefully going to visit a place this week to volunteer at, which is good. I've been kind of lost without a plan/ structure, which is strange because I would have loved to have nothing to do or a bit more time off before starting my postgrad but now I wish I had something do focus on. I wrote a list like you advised and it has helped... mainly a list of emails to send and people to contact but now I am just waiting for replies. I'm hoping to get back into reading and baking again, which should help but there is only so much I can read and bake!

Video games are a good distraction :smile:. What are you currently playing?
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I definitely need a TSR hug today *sniffles*

*goes into stompy rage at the very idea of someone questioning your awesome personality* :stomp:

*calms down and gives you all of the hugs* :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Original post by PandaWho
My bus didnt turn up so was sat at the bus stop 45 mins, the nurse struggled to find a vein, then had to use a childs needle on me, my morning meds still nock ne out so need a nap.
Got guides later and im ****ting it. I dont want to go :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: That sucks. But maybe guides will cheer you up if you make it along there? :smile:

Original post by Odd socks

No access to coffee but I have fizzy juice which has caffeine :smile: on my lunch break now so I'm halfway to being done :tongue:

I'm looking forward to it, today is such a huge day for Scotland :redface:

Mmm fizzy juice, the healthy alternative to normal juice. :tongue:

GO SCOTLAND GO!
This week has been hellish. :cry2: I'm really not coping. :cry:
Original post by superwolf
*goes into stompy rage at the very idea of someone questioning your awesome personality* :stomp:

*calms down and gives you all of the hugs* :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:console: That sucks. But maybe guides will cheer you up if you make it along there? :smile:

Mmm fizzy juice, the healthy alternative to normal juice. :tongue:

GO SCOTLAND GO!

VIVE L'INDEPENDENCE!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha96
This week has been hellish. :cry2: I'm really not coping. :cry:

:hugs: You want to talk about it?
Just gonna sit and cry

Posted from TSR Mobile
VIVE L'INDEPENDENCE!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jive: You voted?

Original post by PandaWho
Just gonna sit and cry

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jive: You voted?

Not yet, working till 6 but going to vote on my way home :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not yet, working till 6 but going to vote on my way home :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome. :biggrin:
:hugs: You want to talk about it?

I phoned up today and asked if the person I normally see could phone me back when she was free and she did. She wants me to come up and see her tomorrow morning and for me to write everything thats happening down for tomorrow but I dont know where to start. And my mum isnt speaking to me and I can hear her talking about me to my dad. :cry2:
Original post by tasha96
I phoned up today and asked if the person I normally see could phone me back when she was free and she did. She wants me to come up and see her tomorrow morning and for me to write everything thats happening down for tomorrow but I dont know where to start. And my mum isnt speaking to me and I can hear her talking about me to my dad. :cry2:

:hugs: I'm sure we can help you on here to write out a list if you want?

I like doing bullet points cos they don't have to be in a particular order, and I find them easier to jot down than proper sentences. :colondollar:

Some questions you might want to think about: have you been experiencing low mood/anxiety/paranoia/hearing voices? Are you worried about your thoughts or actions? Have you been able to look after yourself, e.g. eating/washing/sleeping/going to college? Have any events triggered how you've been feeling or acting, e.g. your mum's behaviour? Has anything helped, or do you have ideas of things that might help (it's ok if you don't!)?

I can think up more questions if it'd help, but just say if you'd rather do it yourself. :smile:
Wish I could have a hug right now.
Original post by guitaristemily

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Sorry I can't do it in real life! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by guitaristemily

Latest