The Student Room Group

Can you get into dental school with AAB predicted grades?

Do you know anyone with AAB predicted A2 grades or worse that has got into dental school since 2012? If so, what university was it?
Reply 1
No...you won't be able to. You need AAA as a minnimum. Assuming you're applying straight out of school. Without AAA your application won't even be looked at.
Abroad perhaps, but I believe the standard offer is AAA for the UK.
Original post by ROH14
Do you know anyone with AAB predicted A2 grades or worse that has got into dental school since 2012? If so, what university was it?

No. They have more than enough applicants predicted 3 x A
Original post by ROH14

I think Dundee will let you in with AAB.
Reply 5
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
I think Dundee will let you in with AAB.

He'll be very lucky if they actually give him an offer of AAB, i haven't heard of it happening for years now!
Original post by Kartace
He'll be very lucky if they actually give him an offer of AAB, i haven't heard of it happening for years now!

I agree, I'm afraid.
Original post by Kartace

I have. I know people who got into Dundee with AAB this year. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
I have. I know people who got into Dundee with AAB this year. :smile:

Really?! What is dentistry coming to north of the border!? :tongue:
Original post by Kartace
Really?! What is dentistry coming to north of the border!? :tongue:

It can only have been after results. They would not have had an AAB offer unless it was for sport or something.
Original post by ROH14

Yes ! My friend achieved BCCD at AS level and then applied for the foundation programmes for dentistry at Qmul and King's College London! She received both conditional offers for achieving ABB. On results day Kcl rejected her and Qmul took her in despite achieving BBC . Although she did pass the interview & admissions test!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lozasaurus99
Yes ! My friend achieved BCCD at AS level and then applied for the foundation programmes for dentistry at Qmul and King's College London! She received both conditional offers for achieving ABB. On results day Kcl rejected her and Qmul took her in despite achieving BBC . Although she did pass the interview & admissions test!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Foundation is different
Apply smart and maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apply for foundation then? Are you eligible?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I don't think i'm eligible for foundation dentistry as I do Chemistry (predicted B), Biology (predicted A) and Economics (predicted A) at A2. AS grades were Econ A, Maths A, Biol B(less than 4 ums of an A grade), Chem B (4 ums of an A grade). 7 A*, 3 A'S and B at GCSE
Original post by ROH14
I don't think i'm eligible for foundation dentistry as I do Chemistry (predicted B), Biology (predicted A) and Economics (predicted A) at A2. AS grades were Econ A, Maths A, Biol B(less than 4 ums of an A grade), Chem B (4 ums of an A grade). 7 A*, 3 A'S and B at GCSE

You can still be eligible if you are from a disadvantaged background, parents salary/underachieving state school..now you see?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Well, it is possible to get an interview and offer for dentistry, even if you are predicted only AAB because I have an offer
Original post by ROH14
Well, it is possible to get an interview and offer for dentistry, even if you are predicted only AAB because I have an offer

Hi I'm in the same situation with prediction AAB, I was wondering which university you got an offer from :smile:
Original post by ROH14

You're unlikely to be invited for interviews with those predicted grades, but it is not impossible. I would suggest you speak to your teachers and get them to predict you higher.

Quick Reply

Latest