The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

UCAS details now being reviewed, will apparently take 2 weeks. Everyone should get this email

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Has anyone applying for straight economics received the eight week email?
Anyone know why Managament at LSE is only AAB when most other courses there are higher??
Original post by LevCrofts
Yeah, I sent my application the 1st of October. Had an email from UCL on the 3rd of October giving me a log in to their portal. I recieved an email from LSE on the 6th of October saying that they had recieved my application and would get back to me within two weeks, I just had an email today saying that they have begun to look over my PS (I assume this means my grades are acceptable?) which should take about 2 weeks.

No I haven't started any TSA prep. Thought I might do a practice today? :smile: How about you? Which college are you applying to?

So, hi!
I submitted my UCAS application on the 10th of October, got an acknowledgement yesterday, and today have received the 'reviewing details and personal statement, get back to you in two weeks' email.

What exactly does this mean? Is it sent out to everyone, or have I crossed the first barrier, haha?

I'm sorry to butt in on your conversation, I'm an international student, and it is absooolutely killing me!
Original post by nikleinapickle
So, hi!
I submitted my UCAS application on the 10th of October, got an acknowledgement yesterday, and today have received the 'reviewing details and personal statement, get back to you in two weeks' email.

What exactly does this mean? Is it sent out to everyone, or have I crossed the first barrier, haha?

I'm sorry to butt in on your conversation, I'm an international student, and it is absooolutely killing me!

The fact that they are reviewing the stuff you sent them implies that this is the first stage - they cannot accept or reject without doing this :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JimmyElectron
Has anyone applying for straight economics received the eight week email?

What one was that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, i am a Dutch applicant for LSE/Oxford Econ and I have a question for you.
Oxford said in their email that if you have finished a degree already before i start at Oxford, you have to send an official grade transcript to them.
Because i started university quite early at the age of 16 (skipped two classes) and will finish my BSc in econometrics this july, i was wondering if i have to send the transcript to them since i was not quite sure if it's my case they meant.
Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by levcrofts
about a week, but it may be sooner. :smile:

oh great, thanks, i'm really worried about it!

about a week agooo, week ago
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey everyone,
I'm applying for IR at LSE, Kings College, Edinburgh, Queen Mary and history and politics at Oxford. I'm worried my PS is too broad since I covered all 3 topics, in hindsight I should've applied for IR and history at lse. Also I'm worried my grades aren't good enough:
7a* 2as and 3bs at gcse
As levels
History(a) predicted a
Economics (a) predicted a
English Lang (b) predicted a since once UMS from an a
German (a) predicted a* since I'm bilingual
Maths (c) dropped it however hoping my a* at GCSE might compensate...but doubt it
Original post by MrBowcat
about a week agooo, week ago

'Erbody catchin' bullet holes!
Original post by EHZ17
The fact that they are reviewing the stuff you sent them implies that this is the first stage - they cannot accept or reject without doing this :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get that, but it wouldn't mean much if everyone gets the email, would it? :confused:
Thanks for your reply, anyway!
Original post by nikleinapickle
I get that, but it wouldn't mean much if everyone gets the email, would it? :confused:
Thanks for your reply, anyway!

You guys are so hopeful. But will soon find out it is a much longer process. There's like at least a thousand of 'equally qualified you' for 100 places. LSE does not make offers to the first 100 who qualifies, lol. The 1000 is whittled down to 500 strong candidates, say, then further down to 250, who then get offers. Don't get too excited. There are more emails to come.
I want to send my application off for economics do I have to put my ums down or do they send a questionnaire.
Original post by Mathsfanatic123
I want to send my application off for economics do I have to put my ums down or do they send a questionnaire.

They send a questionnaire.
They send a questionnaire.

Thank you!!
Has anyone been sent a questionnaire asking for ums yet? Because I can't see anywhere on there acknowledgment email or website that they ask for ums so am a bit confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Puffin Boffin
Has anyone been sent a questionnaire asking for ums yet? Because I can't see anywhere on there acknowledgment email or website that they ask for ums so am a bit confused

Posted from TSR Mobile

What they did last year was once you were past the 1st stage of selection (LSE have many stages), they sent out a questionnaire requesting UMS from the selected batch of students.
Reply 257
What they did last year was once you were past the 1st stage of selection (LSE have many stages), they sent out a questionnaire requesting UMS from the selected batch of students.

What were the requirements to pass the first stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Need advice on this asap really.

Is it worth applying for Politics and International Relations at LSE (requires AAA), if I'm applying for ESPS/Politics and French style courses at other places? My personal statement focuses mainly on politics but there is a fair amount of French-related stuff in it as well.

I got AAAAB in AS levels (Politics, Economics, French, Critical Thinking, English Lit) and I'm predicted A*A*A (French, Economics, Politics in that order), with 5A*s, 4As and 1B at GCSE.
Original post by GandalfWhite
You guys are so hopeful. But will soon find out it is a much longer process. There's like at least a thousand of 'equally qualified you' for 100 places. LSE does not make offers to the first 100 who qualifies, lol. The 1000 is whittled down to 500 strong candidates, say, then further down to 250, who then get offers. Don't get too excited. There are more emails to come.

Yeah I've pushed LSE and Cambridge from my mind. Won't hear back from both of them until after Christmas. Just looking at Warwick and UCL for now tho. I just want A offer so I know I'm going somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending