The Student Room Group

Do unis hate combination subjects

im taking english language and literature and business and economics as a combined alevel as english lit and economics both clash with geography and government and politics :frown: will an rg uni be ok with this
Well it depends on what you are applying for...
If you are applying for Economics then Universities prefer straight Economics rather than Business & Economics
Original post by Jokernaut218
Well it depends on what you are applying for...
If you are applying for Economics then Universities prefer straight Economics rather than Business & Economics

ok thank you so much for your reply lovely :smile:
What do you intend on studying in University?
Original post by sophiamarni
ok thank you so much for your reply lovely :smile:

Actually - if you're applying for a Bsc in Economics, as opposed to a BA then not having Economics is not a problem as long as you have A-Level Maths and Further Maths.
What do you intend on studying in University?

Politics :smile:
Original post by L'Etudiant
Actually - if you're applying for a Bsc in Economics, as opposed to a BA then not having Economics is not a problem as long as you have A-Level Maths and Further Maths.

Thank you for letting me know my friend wants to get into lse and study economics but she does the same combined course as me but is studying maths :smile:
Well for Politics, I would suggest doing straight Economics, English Language & Literature, Geography and Government & Politics.
Well for Politics, I would suggest doing straight Economics, English Language & Literature, Geography and Government & Politics.

but they clashed :frown:
Original post by sophiamarni
but they clashed :frown:

For a Politics course, I would highly recommend you take A-level Economics and Government & Politics. The other two can be subjects what you're interested in. But in terms of a Politics major, I would suggest you take two of the following...
1) Geography (to show you are aware of Climate Change issues)
2) Sociology (helps in understanding lifestyle of people and helps you set policies better)
3) Psychology (understand how people think)
4) AS Global Development
5) Mathematics (can build data analysis skills required for policy making)

Quick Reply

Latest