The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obiejess
I don't think so. I can't get my head around Rodgers player choice tonight. Maybe he knows this match is a lost cause and is trying to prioritise our upcoming fixtures :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Understandable but surely you'd go for it at home though. Maybe Brenton has had a word in Johnson's ear, something along the lines of ''you have a few games to earn a new contract, show me you deserve one''.

Real will win but I think it'll be a much closer game than most people suspect. It won't be an annihilation.
Original post by sr90
Understandable but surely you'd go for it at home though. Maybe Brenton has had a word in Johnson's ear, something along the lines of ''you have a few games to earn a new contract, show me you deserve one''.

Real will win but I think it'll be a much closer game than most people suspect. It won't be an annihilation.

Possibly.

We don't have enough pace in the midfield. They are going to chop us to bits. Our only hope is if Mignolet puts in an amazing performance and Baloteli pulls something out of the hat. He is good in big games.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the plus side, Madrid haven't got the best bench.
Johnson must have dirt on Rodgers, why else would he be in the starting XI?
Original post by Obiejess
Possibly.

We don't have enough pace in the midfield. They are going to chop us to bits. Our only hope is if Mignolet puts in an amazing performance and Baloteli pulls something out of the hat. He is good in big games.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ronaldo has an awful record at Anfield from what I remember. I don't think he ever scored there when he played for us so he'll surely be looking to end that drought. Your defence needs to have the game of their lives.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

True love

<3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Ronaldo has an awful record at Anfield from what I remember. I don't think he ever scored there when he played for us so he'll surely be looking to end that drought. Your defence needs to have the game of their lives.

Seriously doubt that. Maybe Mignolet can grow an extra pair of arms. Think that might be our only chance tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samir12
Good thing it will be Manquillo against Ronaldo instead.

Wrong boyo! You better start praying! :awesome:
I don't usually post much in matches anymore, but I ****ing hate Balotelli for that so much
Johnson vs ronaldo.
Balotelli starting.

Kill me now.

EDIT: only listening on radio but Balotelli sounds just as bad as normal.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

He sucks him off.
Are my eyes deceiving me, or has Johnson actually done something not ****?
We are playing better than anticipated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For ****s sake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Absolutely brilliant from Ronaldo.
Cant do **** about that tbh.
Original post by sr90
Absolutely brilliant from Ronaldo.

And the chipped ball, fantastic.
Wow damn, not surprising though tbh he'd be hungry for it.

Liverpool need to up the gears big time, started well but last 10 minutes seem to have slowed back down, too much Real possession in the middle.

Still not over yet, early on plenty of time...
It was a beautiful goal at least. I'd rather have that scored against us than a tap in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was going to say, I had a feeling Ronaldo would score tonight, because of the way Liverpool set up. But then again, pretty standard observation with Ronaldo, without any of that being considered.

Quick Reply

Latest