Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Tomorrow I'm seeing:

Jones
Johnson Skrtel Toure Enrique
Can
Allen Rossiter
Markovic
Borini Lambert

i must admit i completely forgot we had rossiter.
given his performance in his last match, he deserves another go really.
gonna be watching can and markovic closely and especially borini/lambert pairing if rodgers does what we hope up front.
So we lost to Aston Villa who lost to QPR last night..
Barcelona 1-2 Liverpool
Reply 4544
Original post by Zerforax
So we lost to Aston Villa who lost to QPR last night..

I Read on twitter Villa have lost all their games since they plated us and haven't even scored a goal...
People seem to have lost faith in Balotelli pretty quickly. He really hasn't performed and he has missed a few sitters but just give him a bit more time. He has always said throughout his career that he is not a lone striker and he needs someone up there with him to create space. When Sturridge is back (assuming Rodgers goes back to the diamond) he will have Sturridge with him creating space and Sterling just behind him which takes the midfielders away from him. For as long as Sturridge is injured, I would probably drop Balotelli and whilst it is fair to judge him as a lone striker, don't judge him altogether. When Sturridge is back give him another chance and I think you might be surprised.
Original post by Alex Doran
People seem to have lost faith in Balotelli pretty quickly. He really hasn't performed and he has missed a few sitters but just give him a bit more time. He has always said throughout his career that he is not a lone striker and he needs someone up there with him to create space. When Sturridge is back (assuming Rodgers goes back to the diamond) he will have Sturridge with him creating space and Sterling just behind him which takes the midfielders away from him. For as long as Sturridge is injured, I would probably drop Balotelli and whilst it is fair to judge him as a lone striker, don't judge him altogether. When Sturridge is back give him another chance and I think you might be surprised.

The problem with him is his unreliability. He's obviously missed some sitters, but I don't think anyone doubts he's got ability. It's just that he rarely manages to put that ability too good use.
I think Samed Yeşil should be given a shot, he can't do any worse than what we already have.

EDIT: Or even Sinclair.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JPBScotland
The problem with him is his unreliability. He's obviously missed some sitters, but I don't think anyone doubts he's got ability. It's just that he rarely manages to put that ability too good use.

I find it unfair to scapegoat him on the dire performance of the entire team collectively. When he swapped his shirt with Pepe, it simply wasn't on but that incident is independent of his performance as a football player. If he was a massive **** but was scoring a goal every 100 minutes, nobody would be complaining but if he was struggling to make an impact and he was a massive ****, suddenly he's the reason we're playing such terrible football. Remind you of anyone - Ibra, Suarez for eg.

When Sturridge comes back, I'm pretty sure we won't miraculously become a top-4 team. Balotelli misfiring isn't the reason we're not in the top-4, he is merely one of the reasons we're not a top-4 side.
I think the Balotelli criticism is a bit OTT, despite me thinking he's the most overrated player in the world. He's a one in 3 or 4 kinda guy. Even at AC Milan, most of his goals were penalties and he put in some pathetic games at times.

Anyway, like I said, don't blame him for everything. Liverpool in general are a bit rubbish at the moment. Need to get 2 or 3 wins together. Alot of sides are struggling this year.
Yeah balotellis a bit **** but the team in general is ****ter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4551
I slightly confused. Why do SkySports think anybody would rather watch Chelsea play than us? Someones going to get fired for that cock-up.
Original post by cBay
I slightly confused. Why do SkySports think anybody would rather watch Chelsea play than us? Someones going to get fired for that cock-up.

Problem is Liverpool got tie of last round. In theory this should have been the televised game though. But i guess it's good for the lower clubs and money they get. Looking forward to the game :beard:
Original post by cBay

Support your local team.

Don't deprive a small club like Shrews a chance for some extra cash through a TV tie.

Unreal.
Original post by cBay

Lower league club at home to top half Premier League club is always first pick for TV coverage. Everyone loves an underdog story.
Reply 4555
people seemed to have missed the part where i was joking
Original post by cBay

Liverpool vs a premier league side
or
a league 2 side vs Chelsea

it's madness i tell you :wink:
but srs, i'd pick the second game:cool:
shrewsbury probably have a better attack than us right now...
(edited 9 years ago)
which channel is broadcasting our game btw?
Reply 4558
Original post by Lúcio
which channel is broadcasting our game btw?

<snip>

(it's a totally legitimate tv channel, i dunno what you're talking about mister sr90)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cBay
<snip>

(it's a totally legitimate tv channel, i dunno what you're talking about mister sr90)

Looooooool my boy that's my favourite tv station.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest