The Student Room Group

AS Mock week revision

I'm just wondering, does mock week matter in AS? In gcse they said they didn't care but they actually did.

What do they do with results?

Also doesn't it make sense to revise now as if I have exams in 3 months? Mock week is in February for me, I know its in January for others.
Original post by xoflower
I'm just wondering, does mock week matter in AS? In gcse they said they didn't care but they actually did.

What do they do with results?

Also doesn't it make sense to revise now as if I have exams in 3 months? Mock week is in February for me, I know its in January for others.

Well it does matter because it's your only practice run of your AS exams. In previous years, people had January exams as a kind of 'practice' but you don't. You don't want to go into your actual final exams with them being the first time you took AS exams seriously. I certainly would revise for them - it's always good to get a mid-term refresh so that you don't utterly forget everything. In terms of the actual results, they probably don't matter very much, but do you really want to get rubbish results in your mocks? You'll have a lot more confidence in your actual exams if you go into them with good mock results.
Try to take it seriously because it will help you in your real exams and it will help you identify your weaknesses. Also my teacher said that it can affect the grade they predict you for your A2. For example, if someone gets a B and 1 mark of an A at AS and all his mock exams are Ds/Es then they will not predict him an A for A2. But if he's worked hard throughout the year and got As in all his mocks but got 1 mark off at the exam, they will be more likely to predict them an A. Of course, if you get an A at AS anyway it won't make too much of a difference.
Reply 3
Original post by Chlorophile
Well it does matter because it's your only practice run of your AS exams. In previous years, people had January exams as a kind of 'practice' but you don't. You don't want to go into your actual final exams with them being the first time you took AS exams seriously. I certainly would revise for them - it's always good to get a mid-term refresh so that you don't utterly forget everything. In terms of the actual results, they probably don't matter very much, but do you really want to get rubbish results in your mocks? You'll have a lot more confidence in your actual exams if you go into them with good mock results.

Okay thanks! :smile:
I've been doing some chemistry exam papers since I find that the hardest
Reply 4
Original post by SuperiorGenius
Try to take it seriously because it will help you in your real exams and it will help you identify your weaknesses. Also my teacher said that it can affect the grade they predict you for your A2. For example, if someone gets a B and 1 mark of an A at AS and all his mock exams are Ds/Es then they will not predict him an A for A2. But if he's worked hard throughout the year and got As in all his mocks but got 1 mark off at the exam, they will be more likely to predict them an A. Of course, if you get an A at AS anyway it won't make too much of a difference.

Okay thanks a lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest