Original post by tomixox
Straight economics at LSE?

yeah
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by saycheese:)
yeah

Do you know their stats/when they applied?
Original post by artisha
I sent my application exactly a month ago to them :smile::smile:

That was really soon! It's been over a month for me, I'm still waiting for a response after the 8 week email :smile:
Original post by economicsrocks
That was really soon! It's been over a month for me, I'm still waiting for a response after the 8 week email :smile:

Don't worry about it! They can take up to 8 weeks :P what are you applying for and what are your predictions? :smile:
Original post by artisha
Don't worry about it! They can take up to 8 weeks :P what are you applying for and what are your predictions? :smile:

Yeah I'm just getting a little impatient now! Although no news is good news and all that :tongue: I'm applying for PPE and I'm predicted A*A*A*B :smile:
Yeah I'm just getting a little impatient now! Although no news is good news and all that :tongue: I'm applying for PPE and I'm predicted A*A*A*B :smile:

I am the same! After my dire TSA I'm really hoping at least this might come through!:frown:
Original post by LevCrofts
I am the same! After my dire TSA I'm really hoping at least this might come through!:frown:

The TSA was horrible! Even LSE looks unlikely because it's so competitive! What are you predicted? :smile:
The TSA was horrible! Even LSE looks unlikely because it's so competitive! What are you predicted? :smile:

I am a Scottish applicant but I am predicted for Three As (A* equivalent - Scottish Advanced Highers are a tad harder so people don't tend to do any more). I got 6As at Higher (direct AS equivalent - did one in my spare time). However I feel my PS is bad (started reading really interesting books afterwards I wish I had mentioned!).
(edited 9 years ago)
I am a Scottish applicant but I am predicted for Three As (A* equivalent - Scottish Highers are a tad harder so people don't tend to do any more). I got 6As at Higher (direct AS equivalent - did one in my spare time). However I feel my PS is bad (started reading really interesting books afterwards I wish I had mentioned!).

Oh wow! You sound like a really strong candidate! Yeah I'm really worried about my PS too, especially since it seems LSE sometimes reject people on the basis of their PS not showing enough passion :frown:
Oh wow! You sound like a really strong candidate! Yeah I'm really worried about my PS too, especially since it seems LSE sometimes reject people on the basis of their PS not showing enough passion :frown:

You too! I know, just after I sent my application away I got really interested in inequality economics and Thomas Piketty and I feel this would have been interesting to talk about; instead I gave some nonsense about Keynes and the "animal spirits" in economics. :P As you say they care a lot about the PS and I hope it isn't bad enough for a rejection.

Good luck with your application mate, tell me how it goes. :smile:
You too! I know, just after I sent my application away I got really interested in inequality economics and Thomas Piketty and I feel this would have been interesting to talk about; instead I gave some nonsense about Keynes and the "animal spirits" in economics. :P As you say they care a lot about the PS and I hope it isn't bad enough for a rejection.

Good luck with your application mate, tell me how it goes. :smile:

Yeah same! To be fair though, as long as you showed your passion and how you came to like the subjects, I'm sure it'll be good! I didn't have much philosophy on mine, which I'm worried about because the philosophy department in LSE are the ones offering the course! Good luck to you too, and let me know as well! :smile:
Reply 511
Original post by EvasiveRose
Congratulations! :biggrin:
That's great

Thanks! :biggrin:
Anyone applying for management?
Original post by Audi

looking at previous pages seems like quite a lot are :smile:
Original post by Audi

I got an offer for it in half term, what about you?
Reply 515
got my offer :smile:
38 with 766 for economics
Reply 516
I applied around october the tenth. Good luck with your application :smile:
Anyone applied for Law?
has anyone heard back with an offer from the maths department?
Has anyone got an offer for accounting and finance at LSE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending