The Student Room Group

Who said degrees are easier than a levels

I do not know who on earth said degrees are easier than a level but I would like to meet these people. I have just started my degree and I am actually annoyed some people are saying a degree is easier. A levels look like a joke next to a degree!!!!

Safe to say A levels did not prepare me well enough at all for degrees. The education system is ****.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by attentionplease
I do not know who on earth said degrees are easier than a level but I would like to meet these people. I have just started my degree and I am actually annoyed some people are saying a degree is easier. A levels look like a joke next to a degree!!!!

Safe to say A levels did not prepare me well enough at all for degrees. The education system is ****.

Surely it depends on the A Levels/degree you're doing?
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Surely it depends on the A Levels/degree you're doing?

This, definitely.

Personally I'd say degree is easier, but it entirely depends on the course you're doing.
If someone says that their degree is easier than A-levels, then they probably aren't doing a very good degree.
(edited 9 years ago)
Depends. If you're doing a psychology degree or something more often than not it'll be easier than A-levels and on a similar level to GCSE. Something like economics or maths though will be obviously be harder though, especially if you're doing it at a decent university.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Degrees are a step above A levels; therefore they are more difficult.
What subject are you doing your degree in?
Normally, people say that first year of your degree is easier, not your whole degree.
Depends on the A levels you did. Depends on the degree you're doing. Thought that'd be common sense for someone at university.

Pipe down. Focus on what you're doing, Who cares what other people say about the difficulty of their degrees. Complaining about what other people say isn't going to get you your degree.
Reply 8
I just started degree-level Maths and it's already the hardest thing I've ever done :s-smilie:
Original post by Gax
I just started degree-level Maths and it's already the hardest thing I've ever done :s-smilie:

Do you mind me asking where you're doing this at and whether you did further maths at A level?
Original post by shadowdweller
This, definitely.

Personally I'd say degree is easier, but it entirely depends on the course you're doing.

Do you mind me asking what A levels you did and what degree you're doing?
Original post by samsama
Degrees are a step above A levels; therefore they are more difficult.
What subject are you doing your degree in?

economics
wow I've never got so many replys to my question before-thanks guys haha
Reply 13
Do you mind me asking where you're doing this at and whether you did further maths at A level?

Studying at Queen Mary's, but might transfer after this year :biggrin: I didn't do further maths, no, but I'd recommend that people do it because some of the topics they're teaching us are from further maths, so if you haven't done it then you might find it a tad hard, like I am :redface:
Original post by Gax
Studying at Queen Mary's, but might transfer after this year :biggrin: I didn't do further maths, no, but I'd recommend that people do it because some of the topics they're teaching us are from further maths, so if you haven't done it then you might find it a tad hard, like I am :redface:

How come you're transferring?
Reply 15
Original post by SmaugTheTerrible
If someone says that their degree is easier than A-levels, then they probably aren't doing a very good degree.

this
Further maths/ physics/ biology and some other subjects at A2 are much harder than a lot of degrees.
Reply 16
How come you're transferring?

Oh I meant transfer to another uni, not another course. I wanna transfer because I think I have a shot at going to some of the better universities such at UCL, Imperial or LSE.
Original post by Gax

But rewarding, no? :biggrin:

You'd expect maths to be hard straight away; they don't mess around, mathematicians.
Original post by YesAllMen
Depends. If you're doing a psychology degree or something more often than not it'll be easier than A-levels and on a similar level to GCSE. Something like economics or maths though will be obviously be harder though, especially if you're doing it at a decent university.

Lol...
I don't get it. Why do some people think that psychology is akin to making cups of tea?
If I believed you actually had any knowledge in the slightest of those subjects, I may have actually been mildly offended!
Original post by SmaugTheTerrible

Or that they've picked a degree that suits them?

Quick Reply

Latest