The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rafael_96
My little sisters also into her fourth week of the 8 week email for Law, as far as I'm aware no offers for Law have been made yet. You'll most likely hear closer to the end of your 8 weeks as it's quite a competitive subject.

Alright cheers! Good luck to your sister!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 641
Original post by Millerman
For me my offer from LSE is AAB which is my lowest offer, yet that doesn't mean much. Going to LSE is what I am saying looks good to employers.

I know it looks good to employers but so does warwick/imperial.
I want to do economics jobs with a high level of maths and Warwick/Imperial will have an advantage for me because the maths course there (cambridge's) is the best and most respected in UK. LSE is not known for maths and employers have caught on to that.
Also I prefer those two unis anyways. Its all about preference and in reality any of those 3 will get you the same job if you are good enough.
Original post by sr234
Congratulations!
When did you send your application and what are your stats (GCSE, AS, A2 predictions?):smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Sent application around 10th of October and umm

GCSEs 12A*s 1A
AS AAAAB
Predictions A*A*A*A*

Best of luck in your app :smile:
For me my offer from LSE is AAB which is my lowest offer, yet that doesn't mean much. Going to LSE is what I am saying looks good to employers.

Course does matter when it comes to getting jobs. What course are you doing?
Original post by sneakbo2
Weird.. what course did you apply for?

pure economcis! what about you? btw I just recieved my 2 weeks email today!!
Hi, I know i have 2 more years until my application to uni but I am currently choosing my a level options and in the future want to do economics, ppe or maybe government and economics maybe at LSE. What subjects would you recommend for taking at a level, so far thinking of doing Maths, History, Economics and french (as it is required to be fluent in a second language for some jobs for IB and i enjoy it). However, shall I drop economics and do physics or FM if my school offers it? I chose history for ppe and one of my strongest subjects. What would you say?
Original post by big_dreamer
Hi, I know i have 2 more years until my application to uni but I am currently choosing my a level options and in the future want to do economics, ppe or maybe government and economics maybe at LSE. What subjects would you recommend for taking at a level, so far thinking of doing Maths, History, Economics and french (as it is required to be fluent in a second language for some jobs for IB and i enjoy it). However, shall I drop economics and do physics or FM if my school offers it? I chose history for ppe and one of my strongest subjects. What would you say?

I'd do maths f maths politics and economics- a couple people last year at my school doing this last year got into PPE at oxford with this

Alternatively if you can't do politics I'd do history instead:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gcseboy1997
I'd do maths f maths politics and economics- a couple people last year at my school doing this last year got into PPE at oxford with this

Alternatively if you can't do politics I'd do history instead:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, thats a good combo but apparently oxford said at a open event thing when I asked at the school that ideally history and maths for definite for ppe. If you had the choice would fm a level be better than fm? Thanks for replying
Original post by luchiayin
pure economcis! what about you? btw I just recieved my 2 weeks email today!!

Posted from TSR Mobile haha yeah same the 2 week one has arrived!, accounting and finance, dunno what that 12 week one was for
Original post by RAV 123
Course does matter when it comes to getting jobs. What course are you doing?

My offer at LSE is for management, I agree course does matter but within reason. For example a lot of people that do chemistry and physics degrees become accountants and actuaries.
Original post by ETRC
I know it looks good to employers but so does warwick/imperial.
I want to do economics jobs with a high level of maths and Warwick/Imperial will have an advantage for me because the maths course there (cambridge's) is the best and most respected in UK. LSE is not known for maths and employers have caught on to that.
Also I prefer those two unis anyways. Its all about preference and in reality any of those 3 will get you the same job if you are good enough.

What field of work are you talking about? They would all look very good, I was simply saying what the actuary at PwC told me that LSE looks great to employers.
Hello, I'm finishing London School of Commerce and I will be awarded BA degree by Cardiff Metropolitan University. My question is whether I will be able to apply for LSE MS degree, for example, in politics?
Reply 652
Original post by DavidH95
Any offers for history yet? I got the 2 weeks email almost a month ago with no word since.

I've got one! I did reply quite early though, good luck :smile:
Original post by ee123
I've got one! I did reply quite early though, good luck :smile:

When did you apply?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 654
Original post by Gcseboy1997
When did you apply?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Late September :smile:
Reply 655
What field of work are you talking about? They would all look very good, I was simply saying what the actuary at PwC told me that LSE looks great to employers.

I know
But in banking, economic jobs with high level of maths.
Reply 656
Do LSE normally reply at the end of the 8 weeks (depending on course)?
Reply 657
Original post by Ashklins
Has anyone applied for Government and Economics?!

I too think to apply to it. Still undecided between PPE (4 years) and latter.. What were zour thoughts?
Original post by Ashklins
Has anyone applied for Government and Economics?!

I am!!
Anyone else here applying for Economics and/with Economic History? (besides the people I've already spoke to :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending