The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lankyryan
I very much doubt even if they were stupid enough to sack Rodgers, to go for another previous manager, stick with Brendan, he is still learning himself, 2 bad months in 28 isnt that bad really.

His first half season was poor too, but sacking someone on a basis of two (albeit very) poor months is a bit silly, when you consider the expectations he surpassed within the rest of the period of his managerial reign.

For someone who showed such great potential last season, and surpassed expectations, he deserves at least another season to put it right. Who else is out there who is available?

If he shows no sign of getting it right at the end of this season, only then would I consider sacking him tbh.

Real questions need to be asked about transfer dealings, but his role as manager should not currently imo. Same way that Van Gaal shouldn't, nor Martinez. Wenger should as he's got years to get it right, and still is making the same errors. Pellegrini instills no confidence neither, I would be very concerned about a lot of his form in Europe over two seasons, and the sideway steps the club seems to have taken. He should have the rest of the season anyway. Mid term sackings rarely work out, unless you are in threat of relegation, where Pulis and Palace is a good recent example.
(edited 9 years ago)
If Brendan can't finish above United given the amount of injuries they have, he can't argue about being sacked.
Original post by sr90
If Brendan can't finish above United given the amount of injuries they have, he can't argue about being sacked.

So he should be sacked if he finishes below Man U purely on the fact that they had an injury crisis 6 months before the season ends, ridiculous logic. How many of those injured right now has a massively adverse affect on their form?

Especially when you see how we have had injuries too.
Lol sacking Rodgers, Van Gaal spent 150M ffs.

Both have been terrible as each other so in reality both should be sacked.
Original post by jam277
Lol sacking Rodgers, Van Gaal spent 150M ffs.

Both have been terrible as each other so in reality both should be sacked.

Would be terrible to sack either because who would replace them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roma after Glen Johnson reportedly.

I'll pay for his flight.
What is it with Roma buying over the hill fullbacks.
Original post by jam277
What is it with Roma buying over the hill fullbacks.

Ashley Cole's performance against Bayern Munich was the single worst performance I've seen this season.
Original post by Mackay
Ashley Cole's performance against Bayern Munich was the single worst performance I've seen this season.

Was he that bad? I knew he got taken off at half time but didn't actually watch the match :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Roma after Glen Johnson reportedly.

I'll pay for his flight.

No allow me to pay for his flight brother.
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Was he that bad? I knew he got taken off at half time but didn't actually watch the match :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, but Bayern were so impressive. It's a shame, too. I remember at the World Cup in 2006 when he kept Ronaldo quiet for England against Portugal.

Apparently he's looking to join the MLS after struggling to adapt to life in Italy.
Original post by Mackay
Yeah, but Bayern were so impressive. It's a shame, too. I remember at the World Cup in 2006 when he kept Ronaldo quiet for England against Portugal.

Apparently he's looking to join the MLS after struggling to adapt to life in Italy.

He is old though, and was arguably the best LB in the world for a good number of years. He should go MLS, earn a big fat pay packet and enjoy life, could join up with Lampard again in New York I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GorlimtheUnhappy
No allow me to pay for his flight brother.

Can we get a pot going? I'd like to chip in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bubzeh
Welcome home rafa.

June 2015

Rafa is holding out for the Spanish national team and will probably get it after VdB.
Jari Litmanen's still got it, lads: [video="youtube;eIdGWdlPJng"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIdGWdlPJng[/video]
Original post by Obiejess
Can we get a pot going? I'd like to chip in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'll put in for this
take it round uni - i'd get a fair amount if i told random lads what it was for...
Original post by Mackay
Jari Litmanen's still got it, lads: [video="youtube;eIdGWdlPJng"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIdGWdlPJng[/video]

oh my days.. have not heard that name in years..

He was my favourite player as a kid!

I had no idea who he was though..

At the time, I did not follow football at all, and had no idea about teams/players, the only things I did was watch the world cup/euros, and play fifa with friends..

I really do not know why, but we had fifa 2003 (lots before this, but this was the one I remember, as we played it the most) and for some reason, we used to play a lot of world-cups, and I would always pick finland..

No idea why, do not remember, but finland became my team on Fifa as a kid/young teenager, and Litmanen was always the top scorer! he would tear people apart. and after all these years, I played that team so much I can still remember a lot of the names.. It was litmanen and forsell upfront, then johnson behind, tanio, hypia, kolkka, tihinen, pasanen etc.

Loved that team, and still try to keep a finish player in my squad playing fifa these days.. with Puki being my striker for Southampton at the moment (career mode)

Anyway.. that was just a big nostalgia trip for me.. going to go look him up and see who he actually is now!

EDIT:

Must have been a great era for finish football looking at it, did not realise that the three forwards at that time, that I played with are also their 3 top scorers of all time..

Hope one day they actually manage to qualify for a major tourement, and will support them as my 2nd team :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fallen_acorns
oh my days.. have not heard that name in years..
He was my favourite player as a kid!

I used to love pretending to be him in the park when I was little.
Original post by Mackay
I used to love pretending to be him in the park when I was little.

I always pretended I was Torres.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5519
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
I always pretended I was Torres.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd pretend that I was Henry

Quick Reply

Latest