The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

I think Sturridge is going to be another RVP..
Original post by sr90
Why would he move to Liverpool when every club in Europe wants him?

only can think of money.. hence throw everything at him - even then probably would not be enough, but might as well try (as I am sure you guys will)
Original post by fallen_acorns
only can think of money.. hence throw everything at him - even then probably would not be enough, but might as well try (as I am sure you guys will)

Also he could be credited with saving a dying club.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Also he could be credited with saving a dying club.

Posted from TSR Mobile

true, but I cant see that having any real impact - compared to the potential of being credited with joining a CL winning club, as he will probably have the possibilities to do..
Original post by fallen_acorns
true, but I cant see that having any real impact - compared to the potential of being credited with joining a CL winning club, as he will probably have the possibilities to do..

I guess he'd get all the limelight here whereas at somewhere like Barca there would be tonnes of competition?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woeful form, wasted 100m in the summer, sold our best player, keep injuring our (now) best player... What even is the club doing, get a grip ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CB91
Woeful form, wasted 100m in the summer, sold our best player, keep injuring our (now) best player... What even is the club doing, get a grip ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

~THIS~

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write this season off.
Hopes for season down the drain tbh, Arsenal and United can only get better when their players come back from injury.
Always been Sturridge's problem, always risky business depending on him as first choice striker.
Original post by Mackay
Write this season off.

Already done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isometrix
Always been Sturridge's problem, always risky business depending on him as first choice striker.

I think he could be playing week in week out but there needs better management and communication between club and country. Obviously you can't eliminate muscular injuries all together but something needs to change, it's happened far too many times for it to just be genetics or whatever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He wasn't this bad last season, maybe the over realiance on him caused him to get injured more often? (eg Rodgers training him harder than usual to get him fit asap for matches)
Original post by samir12
Guess what, Balotelli is set to return, you couldn't have written this ****

Season is truly over unless Rodgers pulls off a miracle in the Jan transfer window.

this is the ultimate piss-take.
couldn't agree more.
we're gonna be so far behind by jan that unless rodgers has the window of a lifetime, we're gonna be nowhere near top 4.

it's early but we're just THAT bad right now.
Original post by sr90

Well now I feel old :sad:

Technically I was 11 actually :wink:

Interestingly enough I've never really had my "favourite" player play for United other than, of course, our Portuguese legend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
Nah I get you man, everything the guy did was distinctive..

The way he dribbled, shot, conducted himself both on and off the pitch was amazing

My all time favourite <3

i'm sorry, i can't reply to this right now.
don't feel like i can currently say anything positive...
Original post by samir12
He wasn't this bad last season, maybe the over realiance on him caused him to get injured more often? (eg Rodgers training him harder than usual to get him fit asap for matches)

This is definitely a factor. We have the same problem with our defenders.

Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Technically I was 11 actually :wink:

Interestingly enough I've never really had my "favourite" player play for United other than, of course, our Portuguese legend.

Guessing you were too young for Beckham?

Every boy wanted to be Beckham or Owen.
Only small positive from this night is Lallana's quality assist for England, hopefully he can produce more quality moments like that for Liverpool, we badly need it now.
kinda feel like this ironically sums it all up...

[video]https://vine.co/v/MEAgHxMPb9I[/video]
Original post by sr90
This is definitely a factor. We have the same problem with our defenders.

Guessing you were too young for Beckham?

Every boy wanted to be Beckham or Owen.

Who the **** wanted to be Owen tbh? One of the most unlikeable men in football, and always has been.

For Liverpool fans I think Fowler was the authentic scouse legend.Maybe Danny Murphy is you had self confidence issues.

Quick Reply

Latest