The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fideo
With Sturridge and then Wenger gone (and therefore a DM and CB signed) they'd challenge.

So in 2017 then?
Reply 5861
Original post by jam277
So in 2017 then?

No 2015 when Wenger retires on a high after winning the Champions League
Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Lambert.

Subs: Jones, Moreno, Lovren, Coutinho, Can, Borini, Lallana
Reply 5863
Original post by mr tim
Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Lambert.

Subs: Jones, Moreno, Lovren, Coutinho, Can, Borini, Lallana

Is that a diamond
wtf happened to markovic
Says a lot about your summer signings that in a crucial must win Champions League game, none of them are starting bar a loanee and a cheap reserve striker. £120m of 'talent' left on the bench or in Markovic's case, not even included in the squad. On this evidence, should Rodgers really be trusted with any more money in January?

Why on earth aren't Can and Coutinho starting, the last two times i've watched Liverpool play they've been your best players by some distance.
Reply 5866
Zerf seems to have got his way of uber defensive
Reply 5867
Original post by sr90
Says a lot about your summer signings that in a crucial must win Champions League game, none of them are starting bar a loanee and a cheap reserve striker. £120m of 'talent' left on the bench or in Markovic's case, not even included in the squad. On this evidence, should Rodgers really be trusted with any more money in January?

Why on earth aren't Can and Coutinho starting, the last two times i've watched Liverpool play they've been your best players by some distance.

They're focusing on the league this week
Original post by Fideo
Rodgers being clueless again

Fixed :biggrin:
So quickly people forget we tried to sign Salah, Willian, Mkhitaryan, Begovic, Sanchez, Costa, Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka amongst others like Papadopoulos. We missed out on our primary targets. What more could Liverpool do to attract the above players? Nothing - to what extent can a 5th - 10th placed team try and make it consistently into the top 4. Man City did it but this was before the top teams were able to throw ridiculous amounts of money around. Even if you make it to the top-4 riding on the back of a superstar, how long can you keep him/them? I find it hard to believe people actually think Rodgers is a ***ard who spends money on "potential" intentionally..
Original post by cBay
Zerf seems to have got his way of uber defensive

Well that was what I thought we could play generally. I didn't actually mean for today's game.

I would have dropped Gerrard for Coutinho in that line up.
AHAHAHA, ooooooo *wipes tear*
lol..
1-0 Ludo. Mistake by Mignolet.
Oh **** off Mignolet

We got rid of Reina for this?
Just lol.
Reply 5876
10/10 keeping
Reply 5877
rofl.
Come on Lambert! Use that noggin!
Lol good thing Ludo have a dodgy keeper too.

Quick Reply

Latest