The Student Room Group

Will I be all right if I haven't studied a subject for a year?

I'm probably going to take Maths or Physics as an additional AS next year. I got 92 and 99 UMS respectively, so I have the ability but I'm worried that it will have declined with a year off. Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
I'm probably going to take Maths or Physics as an additional AS next year. I got 92 and 99 UMS respectively, so I have the ability but I'm worried that it will have declined with a year off. Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that for physics, they have GCSE recap revision guides so you could get one of those. For Maths, maybe do a GCSE past paper from time to time to make sure you're up to date? You probably will have declined, I forgot most GCSE Physics just over the summer holiday, but it's nothing a bit of revision can't prevent. It think you'll be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Edminzodo

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be fine :biggrin: You may be a bit rusty but it shouldn't take long to get back to your old standard :smile:

Why not just self-teach AS maths though? There's loads of resources like exam solutions, and you can just do it as and when you have time :tongue:
If you work hard and stay focused then I think you should be fine :biggrin:
Original post by Chlorophile
I know that for physics, they have GCSE recap revision guides so you could get one of those. For Maths, maybe do a GCSE past paper from time to time to make sure you're up to date? You probably will have declined, I forgot most GCSE Physics just over the summer holiday, but it's nothing a bit of revision can't prevent. It think you'll be fine.

Thanks! Good plan. :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BBeyond
You should be fine :biggrin: You may be a bit rusty but it shouldn't take long to get back to your old standard :smile:

Why not just self-teach AS maths though? There's loads of resources like exam solutions, and you can just do it as and when you have time :tongue:

I honestly don't have the time! I would if I did, but I have so much work all of the time and I have lots of other commitments. Sad times, I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Safiya122
If you work hard and stay focused then I think you should be fine :biggrin:

Thanks! :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest