The Student Room Group

Swapping One Of My A-Levels?? 😅

I have just started year 12 and I'm around 3 weeks in give or take. I currently take A-level psychology, A-level History, Level 3 Core Maths and Applied Certificate/Diploma Criminology. I've been advised by my senior tutor that seeing that I want to go to unis such as Bath, York or Bristol to study Psychology/Forensic Psychology, that it might be a good idea to change Criminology for a "proper" A level such as Biology. It wouldn't be an issue for me to switch as I haven't missed out on much, my GCSE grades were great so that won't be a problem. I emailed The unis Im interested in but I know they will most likely say that they are unbiased and consider all subjects equally. Any advice?

UPDATE- I switched to biology. Praying I made the right choice. Thank you for all the advice
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
i would say u do criminology as u like it
Original post by Topaz13
I have just started year 12 and I'm around 3 weeks in give or take. I currently take A-level psychology, A-level History, Level 3 Core Maths and Applied Certificate/Diploma Criminology. I've been advised by my senior tutor that seeing that I want to go to unis such as Bath, York or Bristol to study Psychology/Forensic Psychology, that it might be a good idea to change Criminology for a "proper" A level such as Biology. It wouldn't be an issue for me to switch as I haven't missed out on much, my GCSE grades were great so that won't be a problem. I emailed The unis Im interested in but I know they will most likely say that they are unbiased and consider all subjects equally. Any advice?

There’s no such thing as a “proper” a level. I would recommend taking subjects that you will enjoy and if that is criminology then stick with that. If there are no entry requirements that state you need biology pick the subject you prefer :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Topaz13

I would agree with tutor.It is will make you a more competitive applicant for the course you want If you are capable of Biology then I would seriously consider it
Reply 4
Original post by Scotney
I would agree with tutor.It is will make you a more competitive applicant for the course you want If you are capable of Biology then I would seriously consider it

thank you I've got a meeting on Friday so hopefully all goes well
Reply 5
Original post by Topaz13
thank you I've got a meeting on Friday so hopefully all goes well

Good luck!
Original post by Topaz13

I would switch because the universities lie to you- only 0.000000000000000000001% of people they accept don't have 3 a levels.
Reply 7
Original post by alice-----605
I would switch because the universities lie to you- only 0.000000000000000000001% of people they accept don't have 3 a levels.

Not remotely accurate but gives you more choice for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest