The Student Room Group

Personal statement help...

I am currently doing my GCSEs but I am starting to write my personal statement for colleges. I am not sure how to start. Does anyone have any advice or guidance?
Original post by hannah.foster
I am currently doing my GCSEs but I am starting to write my personal statement for colleges. I am not sure how to start. Does anyone have any advice or guidance?

The ps builder tool on tsr is a good place to start https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/personal_statement_builder/make_some_notes

If you follow the links there is a bunch of other advice and support. Although it is aimed more at uni PSs it is the same sort of requirements for a sixthform PS
whaat already? how is that productive
you have like 3 years before it's needed- do you even know what you want to do?
Original post by hdaindak

to get into college-- as in sixth form.
to get into college-- as in sixth form.

ohh right my bad i thought you meant uni! didn't know you had to write a ps for sixth form

college-- as in sixth form....
ohh right my bad i thought you meant uni! didn't know you had to write a ps for sixth form

yeah it says I need to write a personal statement and I honestly have no idea what to write... :confused:
yeah it says I need to write a personal statement and I honestly have no idea what to write... :confused:

hmm what sixth form is it? do they have a website b/c they might give you some info on there! maybe just about the specific subjects that interest you and why you want to take them further/ why you want to go there?
hmm what sixth form is it? do they have a website b/c they might give you some info on there! maybe just about the specific subjects that interest you and why you want to take them further/ why you want to go there?

Yeah I am trying to get into Wren Academy or Woodhouse college but I don't think there is anything on their websites on it....

Quick Reply

Latest