AS: AAA bio chem phys, and A in A level maths
715 UKCAT

Interview in Truro on the 12th!

and what are your predictions? congrats by the way! good luck
Original post by Dralya
and what are your predictions? congrats by the way! good luck

Nope, standard UK school leaver

predictions are A*AA
Any chance this could be alphabetical? I haven't heard yet and I have 2 A*s and 2 As :frown:
Reply 743
Original post by olliethomas
Nope, standard UK school leaver

predictions are A*AA

you're the first person with an interview who's a standard school leaver with A*AA that I've seen. hopefully that's good news for us
You give me hope lol, I have A*AA predictions and 750 UKCAT- hoping interview, although I only got aabb at as level
Anyone think there might be more interviews given out over the next few days? Looks unlikely now :frown:
Reply 746
Original post by Saxandthecity
Anyone think there might be more interviews given out over the next few days? Looks unlikely now :frown:

called them and they said by the end of the week.. not sure how likely that is though :/ losing hope
Original post by Dralya
called them and they said by the end of the week.. not sure how likely that is though :/ losing hope

Better than an absolute 'no' I suppose - fingers crossed. Best of luck to you.
Reply 748
Original post by Omarm23
i cant quote you for some reason SUB12 but are you a resit applicant? and when did you get the interview?? your post has given me so mcuh hope!

I got the interview last Tuesday around 1
Reply 749
Original post by Saxandthecity
Better than an absolute 'no' I suppose - fingers crossed. Best of luck to you.

and to you!

Original post by SUB12
I got the interview last Tuesday around 1

are you a resit applicant?
Reply 750
Original post by jenigma
What was your UKCAT?

617.5...I know, I gave up hope and then came the interview. ..although I was on "Realising Opportunities" which may have had an influence
Reply 751
Original post by Dralya
and to you!

are you a resit applicant?

No, but I am on a gap year.
i just recieved an interview today for the 11th! :smile:
Reply 753
Original post by SUB12
No, but I am on a gap year.

same ahhhhh. good luck to you
Original post by Dralya
so it seems that those who aren't resits have to have A*A*A minimum and those are resit candidates have to have A*AA. absolutely gutted

Hey, they say that resitters are treated the same as those with predicted/achieved grades so there will be one cutoff for everybody, not different cutoffs for different people! (Think about it, why would they favour resitters?)

If what everyone has said is true, if you have A*AA and an average ukcat you should be fine. Just wait and see. A few days ago I was sure that something had changed in the selection process, but then I received one today! The 12th and 15th are still open for sure, and there may be some feb interviews yet! I know it's difficult, but just keep waiting patiently and I'm sure you'll be ok!
Reply 755
Original post by Dr. Django
Hey, they say that resitters are treated the same as those with predicted/achieved grades so there will be one cutoff for everybody, not different cutoffs for different people! (Think about it, why would they favour resitters?)

If what everyone has said is true, if you have A*AA and an average ukcat you should be fine. Just wait and see. A few days ago I was sure that something had changed in the selection process, but then I received one today! The 12th and 15th are still open for sure, and there may be some feb interviews yet! I know it's difficult, but just keep waiting patiently and I'm sure you'll be ok!

ahhh man im trying so hard to keep motivated with exeter but its so tough. i hope you're right i really do! good luck for your interview you'll do great!
Reply 756
Interview!!! :biggrin: So happy as I honestly didn't expect to get one here because of my low UKCAT:

GCSEs: 8A* 3A 1B
Y12 Results: Aaaaa
Y13 Predicteds: A*A*A*A*a
UKCAT: 667.5
Standard UK School Leaver
Interview is on 12th, Received at 1:10 today :smile:

Good luck to everyone else - it does seem like you need at least one, preferably two A* predicteds this time around, but looking at some of the UKCAT scores that are getting interviews, it's almost as if they've set very little weighting on it this year. Unless they're ranking applicants by UKCAT alongside interview scores post-interview to decide who to make offers to?
Original post by cwi111
Unless they're ranking applicants by UKCAT alongside interview scores post-interview to decide who to make offers to?

Do not get my hopes up like that :tongue: I'm 99% sure they'll just do it on interview performance, it seems like most unis have pretty low ukcat scores this time round!

Congrats on your interview :smile: also, your ukcat is not low!! A 2014 667.5 is a 2013 710. #Baller
I just got my interview email today!
Its for next Friday (12th) and in Truro- anyone have any idea what that means? (other than a hell of a trainfare!)
I also didn't go to the open day and though I am trying to find out as much as I can about Exeter as a place to live, and the course etc, i can't see much, any tips?
Very nervous now, but exciting :smile:
Reply 759
Original post by Dr. Django
Do not get my hopes up like that :tongue: I'm 99% sure they'll just do it on interview performance, it seems like most unis have pretty low ukcat scores this time round!

Congrats on your interview :smile: also, your ukcat is not low!! A 2014 667.5 is a 2013 710. #Baller

Haha thanks xD It's so tricky to compare this year's figures to last years - I guess they seem far worse than they actually are lol! I know Plymouth only use interview performance when they make offers, but I had a feeling that Exeter used interview performance and UKCAT, but I might be thinking of somewhere else :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending