The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

Interview for dietetics

Hey, I've got an interview at Cardiff Met for Nutrition and Dietetics in a couple of weeks and I have no idea what it will be like? Anyone help?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paigey3
Hey, I've got an interview at Cardiff Met for Nutrition and Dietetics in a couple of weeks and I have no idea what it will be like? Anyone help?

Me too, I'm wondering the same! What day is your interview? :smile:
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Reply 2
Wednesday 17th :smile:
Do you have any idea what kind if things they will ask? it seems you need to know a lot about dietetics for it? Feeling a bit nervous haha
Original post by Paigey3
Wednesday 17th :smile:
Do you have any idea what kind if things they will ask? it seems you need to know a lot about dietetics for it? Feeling a bit nervous haha

Lol mines the same day! Haha. Yeah I guess so. Probably not more than we should already...Which other Unis have you applied for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I'm hoping on Leeds beckett. Only two I really want to go too. You?:smile:
Original post by Paigey3
I'm hoping on Leeds beckett. Only two I really want to go too. You?:smile:

Great minds think alike. I've applied to Leeds Beckett too. And Nottingham and Hertfordshire :smile: Have you heard from Leeds yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Heyy did anyone hear back from Cardiff met after the interview? I was there the same date as you two :smile:
Original post by LS_1991
Heyy did anyone hear back from Cardiff met after the interview? I was there the same date as you two :smile:

Hey yeah, :smile: I got an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
What was the interview process like? :smile: were the questions difficult or specifically industry related?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarrahhh
What was the interview process like? :smile: were the questions difficult or specifically industry related?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The interview process was really good, and well organised. We had a presentation about the course and then a tour of the dietetics department, and finally individual interviews. The questions were based on the role of a dietitian, so just make sure you're aware of what a dietitian does and you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Brilliant, thanks so much!
Original post by Harry Potter's sidekick
The interview process was really good, and well organised. We had a presentation about the course and then a tour of the dietetics department, and finally individual interviews. The questions were based on the role of a dietitian, so just make sure you're aware of what a dietitian does and you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was there a group activity or just individual interviews?
Original post by Olgabrown
Was there a group activity or just individual interviews?

No just individual interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brilliant, thanks so much!

When I say dietitian role I mean like a dietitian at work. Like scenario based questions :smile: Hope that helps x Have you had an interview at either of Leeds met or Hertfordshire by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Oh, what like "how would you treat such and such"?!? 😳

I haven't yet! I have my first interview later this month at London met, still waiting to hear back from Surrey and Hertfordshire! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, what like "how would you treat such and such"?!? 😳

I haven't yet! I have my first interview later this month at London met, still waiting to hear back from Surrey and Hertfordshire! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not to go into too much detail about the questions it's mainly like what would you do in 'x' situation rather than diagnosing. Don't worry it wasn't challenging questions, as it was more common sense questions, luckily! And then they also asked general questions ie about your motivations to study dietetics etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Harry Potter's sidekick
Hey yeah, :smile: I got an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got an offer too :biggrin:
Original post by Paigey3
Yeah I got an offer too :biggrin:

Congrats! Were you there on the 17th December?
Reply 18
Ahhh I see, thank you for explaining ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Yeah :smile: were you?
more bad news! I've just realised a couple of my GCSE results on my UCAS are different to my actual results! I've put B instead of C! panicking now :frown: hope its ok! going to email them and let them know soon as! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending