The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Who else is applying for Computer Science?

Hey guys, I sent my application early November and have an offer for Computer Science with Year in Industry - ABB. Really glad that I got that offer, it seems like the usual offer is AAB.

So, just wondering who else is applying for this course. Feel free to PM to talk about anything related to it (or anything in general!) :smile: If you guys haven't sent your application off yet, I'd be happy to help you out with it.

Also add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007918308560
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by jhpy1024
Hey guys, I sent my application early November and have an offer for Computer Science with Year in Industry - ABB. Really glad that I got that offer, it seems like the usual offer is AAB.

So, just wondering who else is applying for this course. Feel free to PM to talk about anything related to it (or anything in general!) :smile: If you guys haven't sent your application off yet, I'd be happy to help you out with it.

Also add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007918308560

Hey, I have applied for computer science too, However I am still waiting for a reply. Congratulations on the offer! :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by kossy
Hey, I have applied for computer science too, However I am still waiting for a reply. Congratulations on the offer! :biggrin:

Thanks! Where have you applied to?
Reply 3
Congrats on the offer. College sent my UCAS off on Thursday, no offer from notts yet. Applying for g400

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by rajv
Congrats on the offer. College sent my UCAS off on Thursday, no offer from notts yet. Applying for g400

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! G400 is Computer Science without the year in industry right? Is Nottingham your main choice? Hope you get an offer! :smile:
Reply 5
Hey, congratulations on the offer. I got an offer a few weeks ago for G400 (Comp Sci without the year in industry). I'm torn between Nottingham and Leicester, hopefully I'll make my mind up after the applicant days :smile:
Reply 6
Thanks! G400 is Computer Science without the year in industry right? Is Nottingham your main choice? Hope you get an offer! :smile:

Yeah 3 year BSc.
Erm torn between Nottingham and KCL.
Any thoughts?
Got an offer from KCL on Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by rajv
Yeah 3 year BSc.
Erm torn between Nottingham and KCL.
Any thoughts?
Got an offer from KCL on Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know what KCL is, but I'm 99% set on Nottingham. The (Jubilee) campus looks awesome, there's a HackSoc and CompSoc, I've got a great offer (ABB), there's a chance I'll get a scholarship for AAA/A*AA, and possibly most importantly, the course looks great :biggrin:
Got an offer for ABB!
Reply 9
Original post by ThatDude007
Got an offer for ABB!

Congrats! Is Nottingham your main choice?

My offer was ABB with an industrial year - Anyone attending the UCAS day on January 28th?
Reply 11
Sent my application on the 1st December and waiting for an offer. Also applying for Computer Science at Nottingham (UCAS Code: G400) as I have heard Nottingham has a strong CS Department. I am an IB Student by the way.
Reply 12
Nope, but I do a lot of programming stuff on my own. At the moment I'm reading the book "Engineering a Compiler" with the long-term goal of creating my own little programming language :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending