The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
What do Moreno, Can & Coutinho have to do to get a game? Can't understand why they keep being benched.

I hope you play that team against us, I really do.

Maybe Moreno makes too many mistakes? But then it makes no sense to bring in Lovren (although if Sakho is unfit and Toure is injured then it can't be helped?)

Lucas has been playing well so I understand that. I probably would've picked Can over Allen tbh. Although Coutinho should be in there somewhere. Way too many CMs for a game we need to win.

Original post by Fideo
Lucas
Allen Henderson
Gerrard
Sterling Lambert

Original post by Yawn-er
Gerrard to run out of energy by 30 minutes.

You think we will play that narrow?
Original post by sr90
Maybe they once stole Rodgers' parking space at Melwood? It's hard to think of another explanation.

No Borini on the bench is baffling as well. Fair enough if Liverpool want to sell him, but they don't exactly have anyone else at the moment do they. This'll be Lambert's 4th start in 10 days,

Seems odd to have 3 attacking players but no other striker.
Original post by Zerforax

You think we will play that narrow?

Yep. Only formation that makes sense...

Sterling will probably roam, Gerrard as the No. 10. Rest there to break everything up.

Your bench looks so much more talented than the starting 11. Why're you sticking with this 11?
Original post by Zerforax
Seems odd to have 3 attacking players but no other striker.

If you needed a draw to progress then I could understand this team selection, but you have to win don't you? :dontknow:
Original post by Yawn-er
Yep. Only formation that makes sense...

Sterling will probably roam, Gerrard as the No. 10. Rest there to break everything up.

Your bench looks so much more talented than the starting 11. Why're you sticking with this 11?

I can see Henderson on the right and Sterling on the left. Not entirely sure what the thinking is tbh.

Original post by sr90
If you needed a draw to progress then I could understand this team selection, but you have to win don't you? :dontknow:

Yea we need to win..
Great atmosphere at Anfield for such a huge European night
Basel looking decent here
What a goal
What a stwrriiiikkkeeeee
What a finish
Great goal
What a shock.

If we lose this, I think we seriously need to consider a Rodgers replacement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
C'mon Basel let's thrash these pikey ****s!
You really are pathetic to be so awful at Anfield on a European night :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anybody actually surprised here though?

Not watching the match since I'm at work but I hear we're as bad as usual
:lol:

:lol:
Didn't know Basel played such nice one touch passes

Quick Reply

Latest