The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Have they handed them all out for December? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Obviously lol.
please respond somebodyy, my interview isntodayy, do the interviewers see your personal statement and ask you questions about that? they dont ask questions based on diseases right?
Original post by animefreak
please respond somebodyy, my interview isntodayy, do the interviewers see your personal statement and ask you questions about that? they dont ask questions based on diseases right?

No and no. Where do you kids get these ideas from, questions on diseases!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Annie-May
My interviews not till like 12, do you reckon il be allowed to just quietly read my notes between 8:15 when I arrive and 12??

My interview's at 12:15 today so I might see you down there :biggrin: Between registration and interview, they're doing a subject talk and a tour of the medical school :smile: But that's only supposed to last about 45 minutes max I think, so there should be plenty of time for you to look over your notes if you want to. Best of luck!!!
Original post by Ahwab
Thanks
Repped

And according to the competition ratio page on this site they make 225 offers- is that right ? Sounds like a decent ratio, too good to be true ?
Original post by Jaska
Had my interview today, don't worry guys, the panel were super friendly. Interesting that I was told only 320 interviews are taking place now and possibly an extra 50 in February. Seems like Exeter don't want to interview too many candidates this year. All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

And according to the competition ratio page on this site they make 225 offers- is that right ? Sounds like a decent ratio, too good to be true ?
Original post by friartuck3

Well that's what the head of the admin team told me to my face, so take from that what you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaska
Well that's what the head of the admin team told me to my face, so take from that what you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok looks like it must be right thanks
Original post by Jaska
Had my interview today, don't worry guys, the panel were super friendly. Interesting that I was told only 320 interviews are taking place now and possibly an extra 50 in February. Seems like Exeter don't want to interview too many candidates this year. All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

And perhaps the 50 in February are the "reserve" interviews mentioned earlier on this thread ?
Original post by Jaska

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dayum, that's a nice confidence boost!

I imagine the potential Feb Interviews are for if the initial batch of interviews don't produce enough people of a specific standard. Congrats on your interview, fingers crossed you get the response you want :smile:
Does anyone know what the cutoff score for the GAMSAT for interview selection for this year?
Reply 1111
Original post by Benhope7
Does anyone know what the cutoff score for the GAMSAT for interview selection for this year?

No, but I've got an interview with 65 (or 68 if weighted equally) and that's the lowest I've seen on TSR.

Not sure if that helps...
Original post by JNHE
No, but I've got an interview with 65 (or 68 if weighted equally) and that's the lowest I've seen on TSR.

Not sure if that helps...

Thanks, I'm not holding onto any hope with a score of 62. lol.

Good luck for the interview and to everyone else who got an interview, both Grad and Undergrad!!!:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 1113
Original post by Benhope7
Thanks, I'm not holding onto any hope with a score of 62. lol.

Good luck for the interview and to everyone else who got an interview, both Grad and Undergrad!!!:smile::smile::smile:

Thanks! When I spoke to them in the summer, they said that 59 is usually a competitive score for grad entrants, but I guess it will change from year to year.

Good luck!
Original post by JNHE
Thanks! When I spoke to them in the summer, they said that 59 is usually a competitive score for grad entrants, but I guess it will change from year to year.

Good luck!

I got an interview last year with 60/61 (or 61/62, I can't remember, I've blocked it out O.o) so I wouldn't rule yourself out yet. Maybe they're just going down the list?
Original post by Jaska

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know how many interviews they usually give out? And how many offers? Thanks! Congrats on the interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abdelrahman777
any international students got offers ???

i am an international students as well. someone earlier in this thread said internationl is gonna have interview during February if they have same system with last yr.
Reply 1117
Who has their interview in Truro?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1118
Original post by cwi111
I had my interview today and it's amazing how erm *identical* Exter's interview process is to Plymouth

That's so unfair!!
Now you've told everyone, more ppl know what to prepare for!:angry:

What on earth are Exeter playing at this year?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ahwab

That's so unfair!!
Now you've told everyone, more ppl know what to prepare for!:angry:

What on earth are Exeter playing at this year?

What did Exeter do?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending