The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A level sufferer
What's wrong with my team, We're **** at defending anyway so we might aswell pack the midfield and hope that pace wins us the game. Would be better than that poor (piece of cow ****) team that he put out against Basel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jeez calm down.

B.Jones has little experience in the first team and obviously has next to no quality otherwise he would've had some game time over the years.

Moreno is a leftback rather than a left winger. If we're push into a back 5 then Markovic will end up playing as a right back instead of as an attacking player. Don't think he even has any experience tracking back.

Not sure how you can drop Henderson.

Gerrard and Coutinho offer little protection in the midfield.

Not even sure of Balotelli is fit. Not even sure if Toure is fit.
Original post by Zerforax
Jeez calm down.

B.Jones has little experience in the first team and obviously has next to no quality otherwise he would've had some game time over the years.

Moreno is a leftback rather than a left winger. If we're push into a back 5 then Markovic will end up playing as a right back instead of as an attacking player. Don't think he even has any experience tracking back.

Not sure how you can drop Henderson.

Gerrard and Coutinho offer little protection in the midfield.

Not even sure of Balotelli is fit. Not even sure if Toure is fit.

Using the similar formation this is more likely; rumour is its 3 atb and jones starts. Also Moreno would work well as a wingback.

B Jones

Skrtel Toure Lovren

Henderson/Johnson Can Lucas Moreno
Markovic Coutinho
Sterling
Original post by Gob Bluth
Using the similar formation this is more likely; rumour is its 3 atb and jones starts. Also Moreno would work well as a wingback.

B Jones

Skrtel Toure Lovren

Henderson/Johnson Can Lucas Moreno
Markovic Coutinho
Sterling

Big call by Rodgers if he does drop Mignolet for this game :s

Can you really see no Gerrard starting if we're talking about more likely line up?
Original post by Zerforax
Big call by Rodgers if he does drop Mignolet for this game :s

Can you really see no Gerrard starting if we're talking about more likely line up?

No Gerrard would be silly, he always steps up his game against us. I'll be amazed if he's not in the starting line up, would be a huge call to take him out.

Why is Mignolet being dropped now? Bizarre.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unsure why Mignolet is being dropped of all games. Surely the league cup would of been a better time to do that.
Taking out Gerrard against United? ****ing hilarious
It would be a big call to drop mignolet - it's not like Jones is some up and coming promising keeper.
Mignolet makes frustrating mistakes but in certain qualities like shot stopping, theres absolutely no comparison.

The notion of dropping Gerrard for this game is hilarious.
Would be interesting to see him being played far forward.
We just need to find creation; that has been our biggest problem - we can't expect our strikers to score if our midfielders aren't providing them chances.
Echo reporters are staying ominously quiet on this supposed Gerrard/Lovren bust-up.
Reply 6988
Why would he drop Mignolet for this...

And Gerrard? Surely not. That has to be a troll?
The contrast between both sides' goalkeeping situations couldn't be more stark.
Looks like Jones is starting.
Jones, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Moreno, Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling

Subs: Mignolet, Toure, Lambert, Lucas, Can, Balotelli, Markovic.
Jones, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Moreno, Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling.
Matchthread is up, keep it in there (Y)
Reopened. Commiserations lads.
:smile:
Honest to God if we lost to you guys on Sunday I will be so pissed off.
Original post by Kwollem
Honest to God if we lost to you guys on Sunday I will be so pissed off.

It's at Anfield so it won't be a straight forward game unless Rodgers gets his starting line up wrong for the millionth time.
If Brendan is not sacked in the morning, I will know that FSG don't care about winning trophies, they care about earning money.

Bunch of average overpriced players, Sterling wants 100k a week? **** off, we can get Bolasie or Montero for 5m and 40k a week...

The only players I absolutely respect in the Liverpool side are Gerrard, Kolo, and Henderson, the only ones that want to win, the other players can **** off
(edited 9 years ago)
Bye Brendan.

Quick Reply

Latest