The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fi.E
Really? Thanks I didn't know this! Not sure if it's worth it because I can't change anything now. I guess I will have to wait and see. Already got an offer from UCL for statistics, economics and finance and they recommended f.maths so I guess I will just have to hope haha. If not UCL sounds fun also :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It won't change anything but if anyone's curious about their reference it's worth it. I got to read mine in school.
UCL is great so congrats :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1861
Original post by Rafael_96
It won't change anything but if anyone's curious about their reference it's worth it. I got to read mine in school.
UCL is great so congrats :smile:

Yeah I am really curious. I might well get my reference. Thank you! I was so shocked to get an offer so quickly as well. UCL is my second choice, it's always been a dream to go to LSE but I'm trying to stay positive :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whats the general consensus on the 4 week email?? Good vs Bad?? Do you think they are just waiting to reject? Or are the people left, the last few and the majority will be offered places? (Hoping for the last one, as received the 4 week email :smile: )
Original post by atlanticstudent
I've applied for International Relations, now 4 days past my 8 week email. Haven't received a 4 week email this Friday.
Anyone else in a similar situation? Will I hear from LSE next year?

is IR And politics different from IR?...
Original post by Mr.ManJuJu
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS Offers?!?!?!?

I just got the 4 week email for international relations. Does anybody know if that means anything???
Original post by Haza2012
Whats the general consensus on the 4 week email?? Good vs Bad?? Do you think they are just waiting to reject? Or are the people left, the last few and the majority will be offered places? (Hoping for the last one, as received the 4 week email :smile: )

Haha I'm with you on the last part!!

I've been stalking this thread and I think that the very competitive programs just need more time. For example, International Relations & History already received their offers. But nobody who applied for straight International Relations or International Relations with Politics have received offers yet. Only 4 week emails. I'm concerned too though, so this is partly me trying to calm myself down.
Original post by happyavocado
Haha I'm with you on the last part!!

I've been stalking this thread and I think that the very competitive programs just need more time. For example, International Relations & History already received their offers. But nobody who applied for straight International Relations or International Relations with Politics have received offers yet. Only 4 week emails. I'm concerned too though, so this is partly me trying to calm myself down.

Yeah, applied for PPE and I think I've only seen offers for international applicants (or thats what I'm telling myself, haha). But have seen that many people got rejections last Friday and I think the others got 4 week emails, so it could be a good sign as we might be the last few for consideration and we are all good enough to get entry and there are only a few people to reject now. OR I am not a clear successful applicant and so they are waiting to see how many places they have left on whether to give offers, haha. Hopefully as you said, the first one :smile:
Most of the people on the 8 week stage applied to Oxbridge, loads of people who didn't apply Oxbridge haven't got the 8 week email yet so there is more than enough time to get an offer
Yeah, applied for PPE and I think I've only seen offers for international applicants (or thats what I'm telling myself, haha). But have seen that many people got rejections last Friday and I think the others got 4 week emails, so it could be a good sign as we might be the last few for consideration and we are all good enough to get entry and there are only a few people to reject now. OR I am not a clear successful applicant and so they are waiting to see how many places they have left on whether to give offers, haha. Hopefully as you said, the first one :smile:

Nah, they've given out offers to domestic applicants for ppe already.

Stop stressing, no one knows the answer to your question. Although, no they aren't waiting to reject. Think, is there any reason for them to do that.
Original post by jwl97
I know! I was so worried because from what I've heard, the 4 week email for IR basically indicates that you're going to get rejected as soon as the admissions office reopens!

Where did you hear that. I just got the 4 week email, so I want to know if it is a good or bad sign. Were you a lucky exception to the rule, or can we still get offers. What are your A Level grades, are you from the UK or not? DON'T SUGARCOAT ANYTHING!
Will we get offers tonight?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1872
Where did you hear that. I just got the 4 week email, so I want to know if it is a good or bad sign. Were you a lucky exception to the rule, or can we still get offers. What are your A Level grades, are you from the UK or not? DON'T SUGARCOAT ANYTHING!

I feel sorry for you man..... better luck next year :P
you just need to be a little patient...
Reply 1874
how are e&eh applicants doing
Original post by jwl97
how are e&eh applicants doing

waiting, pretty sure we can't get a reply until after the holidays now. at least i wasn't rejected :colone:
PLEASE: Where did you hear that infomation about the 4 week email. PLEASE

Not sure whether he's trolling or really freaked out. My friend got the 8 weeks e-mail followed by the 4 weeks e-mail. 2 weeks later he got his offer for actuarial science, so I'd say the 4 weeks e-mail isn't entirely bad news.

On a side note, I'd be more interested in whether LSE is sending out more offers before Christmas, especially for A&F?
Just got this email from LSE (still no decision :frown:):

I write in regards to your application to study the BA in History programme at LSE. This email is to keep you informed on the progress of your application, which is still being assessed at this time.

Please note that the School will be closed for the Christmas and New Year holidays from Wednesday 24 December 2014. The Undergraduate Admissions Office re-opens at 09.00am (UK time) on Monday 5 January 2015.

You will have received an email from us advising you when you are likely to receive an update regarding your application. Please allow an additional two weeks to the time frame specified in our previous update email to accommodate the School closure.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Just got this email from LSE:

I write in regards to your application to study the BA in History programme at LSE. This email is to keep you informed on the progress of your application, which is still being assessed at this time.

Please note that the School will be closed for the Christmas and New Year holidays from Wednesday 24 December 2014. The Undergraduate Admissions Office re-opens at 09.00am (UK time) on Monday 5 January 2015.

You will have received an email from us advising you when you are likely to receive an update regarding your application. Please allow an additional two weeks to the time frame specified in our previous update email to accommodate the School closure.

I concur. ImageUploadedByStudent Room1419335881.145524.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess this beats an additional 4 week wait, so it could be worse!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending