The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
:ottid:

Original post by anonlad
Anyone elses parents gone mad with pride? It appears my mum has taken it upon herself to tell literally everyone she knows..

Not sure if I like it haha
Course: Biochemistry
College: Hertford
Outcome: Offer A*AA
How you feel: Amazed, and that they've mixed me up with someone else. My second interview was so awful I cried and left Oxford as soon as possible :') Trying to decided whether Oxford is for me!
I don't actually know anyone thats been rejected! All of my summer school friends and school friends got in! :smile: (which is amazing considering the school I go to)
Course: Fine Art
College: Exeter
Outcome: Offer (successful completion of foundation)
How you feel: Overwhelmingly ecstatic, although...

I received an offer by email as my chosen college did not have a place for me. I'm slightly worried as my UCAS hasn't changed? Can anybody help please? :smile:
Original post by Fanticipation
Course: Fine Art
College: Exeter
Outcome: Offer (successful completion of foundation)
How you feel: Overwhelmingly ecstatic, although...

I received an offer by email as my chosen college did not have a place for me. I'm slightly worried as my UCAS hasn't changed? Can anybody help please? :smile:

Nobody's UCAS will update for around another week or two. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aasvogel
Nobody's UCAS will update for around another week or two. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew! Thank you very much :smile:
Original post by Chlorophile
No, but I feel incredibly guilty and sad for a couple of people I really hoped would get places but didn't ):

Ugh I feel exactly the same! Obviously I'm excited to go but I met some amazing people at interviews that I really hoped would get in too and I'm so gutted for them. :frown: I'm so lucky that one of the friends I made at interviews also got into biology at New so it definitely could have been worse.
Original post by Abi790
I don't actually know anyone thats been rejected! All of my summer school friends and school friends got in! :smile: (which is amazing considering the school I go to)

Was that UNIQ? :smile:
Got in for Maths at Keble - I'm freaking out a bit, still very surreal. Anyone else here for Maths? How did you guys feel your interviews went - I thought mine didn't go as well as they could, especially the one which I had at Keble.
Original post by Abi790

How you feel: Amazed, and that they've mixed me up with someone else. My second interview was so awful I cried and left Oxford as soon as possible :') Trying to decided whether Oxford is for me!

Lots of people feel like that, but don't worry, it wasn't a mistake :biggrin:

Take time to think it through (although usually: yes! it is for you - you wouldn't have got an offer otherwise)
AAA offer from St. Peter's for History of Art :smile:
So confused and excited as Oxford makes only 14 offers a year for the subject
Original post by fluteflute
Was that UNIQ? :smile:

Were you helping at UNIQ?
Were you helping at UNIQ?

Yep, weeks 5 and 6
Yep, weeks 5 and 6

Oh, I was there in week 6! I probably didn't see you though unless you had anything to do with St. Anne's or Earth Sciences.
Oh, I was there in week 6! I probably didn't see you though unless you had anything to do with St. Anne's or Earth Sciences.

There was no-one at St Anne's in week 6? Earth Sciences Brasenose and Teddy Hall?
There was no-one at St Anne's in week 6? Earth Sciences Brasenose and Teddy Hall?

...I'm an idiot, I meant brasenose (how on earth did I manage to mix them up?!).
...I'm an idiot, I meant brasenose (how on earth did I manage to mix them up?!).

But no, I didn't have anything to do with Brasenose and Earth Sciences :tongue:
Original post by troodon
My mum cried :')

My mum said, "Mh."
Reply 118
Course: PPE
College: Oriel
Outcome: Conditional AAA
How you feel: It seems surreal. I decided to apply only at the end of Sept and thought I had no chance. I'm an international student though and Oxford is really expensive :frown: If I can't secure funding I will have to say goodbye to this amazing opportunity :frown: I would be devastated if it comes to that.
Original post by troodon
My mum cried :')

I am a mum and telling it to everyone (between two cryings)

Latest

Trending

Trending