The Student Room Group

Positives of Commuting!

Hi there, I currently live in halls but I basically commute anyways because the halls are between a 20 and 30 minute bus ride away. Plus the buses are so unreliable it's ridiculous. :mad: I currently do not enjoy living in halls, I'm not a massive partier but get on well with everyone, I just don't like my work and life to all be clumped together; I like a bit of separation.

Anyways so I'm thinking of living at home next year and commuting and wanted to find out how others have found it?? I'm not worried about the social life as I already have a load of friends and plan on still continuing to go to all the practices for my sports team etc.

:smile: x
I commute and I think the biggest benefit is that you get the best of both Worlds. I get to immerse myself in the university lifestyle when I'm there but I get time off of it all when I'm at home where I can be with family and friends from home.

You will probably also find that you save a lot of money. I'm about £5k a year better off commuting than I would be in halls.

Also, depending on your parents: meals cooked for you, clothes washed, bills paid. :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 2
Original post by LeaX
I commute and I think the biggest benefit is that you get the best of both Worlds. I get to immerse myself in the university lifestyle when I'm there but I get time off of it all when I'm at home where I can be with family and friends from home.

You will probably also find that you save a lot of money. I'm about £5k a year better off commuting than I would be in halls.

Also, depending on your parents: meals cooked for you, clothes washed, bills paid. :smile::smile::smile:

Thanks! Yeah I would save a lot of money and I would indeed get fed and probably not have to pay for food and such. I agree with your 'best of both worlds' point - I really don't think I'd miss out on much, just gain :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, how long is your commute each way??

Thanks again!!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending