The Student Room Group

M1 maths help

Since t
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Exam solutions definately
Draw really clear force diagrams for statics questions.

Which topics are you finding hard?
Reply 3
Original post by Green22
Exam solutions definately

but I want more information on the topics. He covers the topics quite briefly, is there anyone else?
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Draw really clear force diagrams for statics questions.

Which topics are you finding hard?

Statics and vectors. I really need a lot of help. The book is quite useless too as in the examples.
I really enjoy teaching mechanics so will try to help you. Which textbook do you have?
Reply 6
I really enjoy teaching mechanics so will try to help you. Which textbook do you have?

The edexcel AS level m1 textbook (orange colour)
Orange and purple with a picture of a metal structure in the purple bit?
Reply 8

yes that one
OK - that is the latest version.

There are lots of past M1 papers back to 2001 - try some statics questions and get back to me when you get stuck.

Most can be solved by resolving in two perpendicular directions; when there is a slope these are best chosen as parallel and perpendicular to the slops.

I wouldn't advise using that book, it has too many printed errors.
Reply 11
Original post by Virolite
I wouldn't advise using that book, it has too many printed errors.

Then can you please suggest me what books and resources please. My exam board is edexcel. I really need help thanks
Original post by Narain
Then can you please suggest me what books and resources please. My exam board is edexcel. I really need help thanks

This is your best resource: http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-revision/syllabuses/Edexcel/period-1/specification.php
Reply 14
Original post by Narain
but I want more information on the topics. He covers the topics quite briefly, is there anyone else?

Tbh I don't know...check out ukmathsteacher and maths24/7(I think) on youtube
Reply 15

I used it for c1 and I learnt alot and now able to do papers myself and achieve high marks. His explanations for the topics are not that good for m1. However his past paper explanations are amazing. Maybe Im feeling down because my maths teacher for tests always gives us hard questions from like delphis and soloman papers. I really struggle to do the delphis ones, the soloman ones are fine to be honest. Every test he gives us the toughest questions and makes us assume mechanics is really tough. Maybe I should just focus on the examboard ones like on exam solutuions. My teacher is not marking or making the real exam in june. As long as i can do the edexcel ones I shall be fine. Thanks people for your help. Wish you well for your exams :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending