The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CluffyUno
Are all of those who miss their STEP offer but get accepted anyway counted as summer pool acceptances? Or is this just those who end up at different colleges?

I believe it is only those that end up at another college. From what ive heard a lot more people get accepted after missing 1,1 than the statistics suggest as many colleges do take their own offer holders who miss the grades. For example, out of the 2013 entry only 170 of 470 offer holders met 1,1 and d 237 were accepted - so there is certainly some leeway. However, (atleast) 1,1 should always be your aim.
Original post by CaitlinDy
Does anyone ever sit and do maths and FREAK because it's SO COOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sound like my sort of person!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
First time I did complex numbers (self taught) = mind blown

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not reeeeeaaaallly that amazing though is it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there sny chance that our college of choice emails us the decision tomorrow please? Thanks :smile:
Original post by EHZ17
It's not reeeeeaaaallly that amazing though is it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well finally being able to solve equations which were previously unsolvable was pretty cool :smile:
But yeah, they are just numbers if you think about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinDy
Does anyone ever sit and do maths and FREAK because it's SO COOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol used to. find the school maths bland and easy now. enjoy stuff like step and olympiad stuff. Olympiad number theory 👌

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you know you were pooled? Called or emailed? And what date?(international student)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kaka0920
Is there anyone who applied for HSPS?

Me ! :biggrin:
I am going to be so nervous tomorrow. I am preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1629
Original post by sr-96
Will pool reinterviewees get a letter on saturday?
As far as I know you should get one from your preference college confirming that you are being reinterviewed elsewhere.

Original post by Deadpan
I realise that all letters are sent out Tomorrow and I have seen that some colleges say they will email by Saturday and some by Monday. But when a college says they will email BY Saturday, could they email Friday after the letters go out? Have the colleges said they will email ON Saturday/Monday or BY Saturday/Monday?
No college will email on Friday.
Hi :smile:. I'm an international student who's applied to Queens' and I was wondering if anyone on here knows if Queens' automatically emails your result to you or if you need to request it?
Does anyone know how to turn off email notifications for TSR threads? Cus I'm getting tonnes a day /:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1632
Original post by willjeffcott
By the sounds of it, yes. I think they are probably only likely to do it if you are put in the pool and no other colleges choose you. That is just my best guess anyway
Not so. The college that pooled an applicant they were still possibly interested in would only have taken you out again if they didn't find any applicants they liked better. If another college shows interest in the same applicant, they discuss it. If the pooling college finds another applicant they do like better, and on-one else takes the one they pooled, then that applicant is unsuccessful.

Original post by Rhubarb123
Is there sny chance that our college of choice emails us the decision tomorrow please? Thanks :smile:
No. The agreed posting date is Friday 9th, so the earliest anyone can get a letter is Saturday 10th January, and colleges are expected not to pre-empt that. Some colleges will send out emails on Saturday but others won't do so until Monday. And, before you ask :smile:, I do not have a list of who does what...
Original post by Minerva
Not so. The college that pooled an applicant they were still possibly interested in would only have taken you out again if they didn't find any applicants they liked better. If another college shows interest in the same applicant, they discuss it. If the pooling college finds another applicant they do like better, and on-one else takes the one they pooled, then that applicant is unsuccessful.

No. The agreed posting date is Friday 9th, so the earliest anyone can get a letter is Saturday 10th January, and colleges are expected not to pre-empt that. Some colleges will send out emails on Saturday but others won't do so until Monday. And, before you ask :smile:, I do not have a list of who does what...

Well your username is Goddess of Wisdom and Learning, so knowing inner secrets may fall into that regime :tongue:
Original post by aersh8
First time I did complex numbers (self taught) = mind blown

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally just revising complex numbers. Love integration and differentiation as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1635
Original post by phatlittlelemon
Does anyone know how to turn off email notifications for TSR threads? Cus I'm getting tonnes a day /:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go into your account settings (top right hand of your screen): Customise my TSR---->Edit my account options ---->Default Thread Watching Mode, and select 'No Email Notification'. One of the first things I did when I joined TSR back in the day. I've have drowned in emails by now if I hadn't....
Reply 1636
Original post by Slowbro93
Well your username is Goddess of Wisdom and Learning, so knowing inner secrets may fall into that regime :tongue:
You flatter me :tongue:
Original post by Jessb_3125
You sound like my sort of person!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

YES. I just love it that everything works out and makes complete sense. In languages there are so many exceptions but in maths it either works or doesn't and it's awesome! Physics as well since it's sort of a derivative of maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
lol used to. find the school maths bland and easy now. enjoy stuff like step and olympiad stuff. Olympiad number theory 👌

Posted from TSR Mobile

Two years ago I couldn't understand a thing, last year the teacher was awful (I was the only person in the class to pass the mocks) but this year I've been 100% enlightened

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
Sounds amazing! Is there an economics account?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately not at the moment, but who knows, perhaps in the future! Even if there isn't your subject, it can give a general idea of social aspects, as well as the work side of things!

I'll post all the subjects and their usernames in a minute!

Latest

Trending

Trending