The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Are they even on sale yet? Nothing on the website.

I may go on Auto Cup next season to save having to scramble for tickets.

She said she's got tickets? I'll demand proof tonight :colondollar:

Original post by Lúcio
My biggest fear is being out trumped by a team like arsenal (as usual).
Of course we don't wanna be reckless, but sometimes you gotta just go for it - recognise a quality player and pay big.

Well Lacazette has said he'd prefer to move to England or Spain. He's ruled out PSG as he won't displace Ibra/Lucas Moura. He's not going to displace anyone at Barcelona or Real Madrid either.
Arsenal currently have Giroud, Welbeck and Sanchez so don't need another striker.
Spurs will no doubt start sniffing since Adebayor leaves on a free, Soldado hasn't been amazing and they have Kane.

I wouldn't say Lacazette falls within that star quality bracket like Hazard was when Chelsea bought him. Just see enough comparisons to Sturridge that they both could work together or in place of each other to help us retain the system Rodgers wants.
Anyone recommend a good hotel in Liverpool? Needs to have parking.

Will drive up on the Saturday for the Bolton game and then may wander around the city on Sunday before driving home.
Original post by Zerforax

Will drive up on the Saturday for the Bolton game and then may wander around the city on Sunday before driving home.

No idea on a hotel but make sure you take a trip to liverpool one.

Go to Bierkeller afterwards it's a pub with good atmosphere and hot women. Or just go around the docks.
Well Lacazette has said he'd prefer to move to England or Spain. He's ruled out PSG as he won't displace Ibra/Lucas Moura. He's not going to displace anyone at Barcelona or Real Madrid either.
Arsenal currently have Giroud, Welbeck and Sanchez so don't need another striker.
Spurs will no doubt start sniffing since Adebayor leaves on a free, Soldado hasn't been amazing and they have Kane.

I wouldn't say Lacazette falls within that star quality bracket like Hazard was when Chelsea bought him. Just see enough comparisons to Sturridge that they both could work together or in place of each other to help us retain the system Rodgers wants.

Unfortunately, that makes too much sense for us to buy him.

Stayed at the Novotel on Hanover Street before. Unsure about parking, but it's a nice room and great service.

if your on a really tight budget - I had a good epxeriance with the hotel formule 1, stayed their last year, and inside its exactly what you expect from a cheap as cheap can be hotel.. really basic (properly basic). But its location impressed me, and as it was my first time in liverpool, to be so close to the water, and all the famous buildings was great!

went in the IBIS hotel next door as well.. and if you like the location of being near the docks/water, but want a little bit more then the low-budget of above.. then thats not bad either

Both of those are on the docks - cant comment on any near the centre, other then that the marriot hotel has a pretty nice lobby that I went through to take a piss once...
Preferred team for tomorrow?

We're playing first so it would be lovely to get the points and just relax.
The rest of the weekend would just provide bonuses if any rivals messed up.
Express throwing around that Balotelli will be heading to PSG this month.
Original post by Mackay
Stayed at the Novotel on Hanover Street before. Unsure about parking, but it's a nice room and great service.

I think I'm going to drive rather than take the train but I'll have a look.

Original post by fallen_acorns
if your on a really tight budget - I had a good epxeriance with the hotel formule 1, stayed their last year, and inside its exactly what you expect from a cheap as cheap can be hotel.. really basic (properly basic). But its location impressed me, and as it was my first time in liverpool, to be so close to the water, and all the famous buildings was great!

went in the IBIS hotel next door as well.. and if you like the location of being near the docks/water, but want a little bit more then the low-budget of above.. then thats not bad either

Both of those are on the docks - cant comment on any near the centre, other then that the marriot hotel has a pretty nice lobby that I went through to take a piss once...

Budget isn't really a big issue. First time my other half will be going to Liverpool so I'd rather she came back with a positive experience so I can convince her to go again in the future! :colondollar:

Original post by jam277
No idea on a hotel but make sure you take a trip to liverpool one.

Go to Bierkeller afterwards it's a pub with good atmosphere and hot women. Or just go around the docks.

Liverpool One does look good.

Haha don't think the hot women would go down so well.

Original post by Lúcio
Unfortunately, that makes too much sense for us to buy him.

I can't see why Lyon would sell in January when they might be thinking they can sneak 2nd if he stays in top form.

Perhaps we could go into the new season with Sturridge, Lacazette and Origi?

Original post by Mackay

I can't see us selling him without us having a replacement?
Original post by Mackay

Yeah so he can just sit on a bench at a better team in a worse league :smile:
A loan move is perfect for Balotelli.

He needs first team football but his ego is so big that he won't go anywhere that he would actually get it.

I can't see us selling him without us having a replacement?

Nah, we won't. Just the usual Express bull****.

The rumour surrounding Olympiakos was more likely.
Original post by Lúcio
Yeah so he can just sit on a bench at a better team in a worse league :smile:
A loan move is perfect for Balotelli.

He needs first team football but his ego is so big that he won't go anywhere that he would actually get it.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/553202124017111040
I just watched all of Lacazette's goals this season and he really does seem like a perfect fit for us. Imagine the damage a front three of Sturridge, Lacazette and Sterling can cause. :coma:

I would be over the moon if we can get him this Jan. But we probably won't since Lyon would want to keep him till the end of the season so they can try to win the title. How much would it cost to buy him, 20-25 mill?
Original post by The.Joker
I just watched all of Lacazette's goals this season and he really does seem like a perfect fit for us. Imagine the damage a front three of Sturridge, Lacazette and Sterling can cause.

Had a similar moment with Jackson Martinez last month.

We won't get anybody this month imo.
Original post by Mackay
Had a similar moment with Jackson Martinez last month.

We won't get anybody this month imo.

There's 3 weeks left of the transfer window so hopefully the club can bring in a good player since there's enough time left.

But if we don't get anyone in this window I hope FSG invest heavily this summer and get a few big players, rather than a bunch of talented kids.
Sterling signing a five-year deal in the next few days.
Original post by The.Joker
There's 3 weeks left of the transfer window so hopefully the club can bring in a good player since there's enough time left.

But if we don't get anyone in this window I hope FSG invest heavily this summer and get a few big players, rather than a bunch of talented kids.

Rodgers has been trying to put pressure on them to sign big names to help replace Gerrard.

Wonder if they don't want to spend too big in Jan in case they decide to replace Rodgers before the summer?
Rodgers has been trying to put pressure on them to sign big names to help replace Gerrard.

Wonder if they don't want to spend too big in Jan in case they decide to replace Rodgers before the summer?

That may be the case, if FSG don't give any funds to BR for this window then I guess they have written off this season. But who would replace Rodgers if that was the case? I'm not sure if they would go for Benitez since they wouldn't want to resign a previous manager of LFC, they might try to get Klopp? I'm pretty sure Rodgers will be here come next season unless he monumentally messes up the second half of our season.
Don't get your hopes up about expensive signing or many/any at all.

Don't forget how many players we have on loan and how we're tackling an ffp breach.

It could just be the same situation we're in, our chairman has made it very clear that we won't add short term fixes and we'll wait for proven quality (which is rarely available in January). After all, what would be the point in signing a player that won't get into the team in 6 months time? There's enough deadwood in both our squads already.

Quick Reply

Latest