The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2700
Just got my letter...

Rejected from my college but put into Winter pool..

".....At present, decisions have yet to be made for a number of applications in Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, including yours. We will communicate a final decision to you as soon as possible within the next few days."

Looks like I'll be waiting a little while longer! :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2701
Original post by esr33
If you just send them an email ([email protected]) - the admissions team are in the office today and will respond to emails.

Thanks!! I just sent them an email. I hope it didn't sound too pushy...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boo_Bear
Congratulations!!

I applied to jesus too but I need to wait for Monday for the email (I'm international)

Posted from TSR Mobile

!!!!!!!!! does Jesus email! Trying to find this out! They didn't tell us anything and the website is super unclear omg :3
Original post by TVIO
Thanks! Congrats on your Oxford offer. Have you decided to firm them or is there a chance we'll meet at Imperial?

There's a small chance that I'll go for Imperial, yeah, but idk if I could ever pass up on the Oxford experience without regretting it down the line :redface: When it comes to considering the top unis in the country/world, the differences in statistics are tiny so it really comes down to personal preference. Would you have any dilemma between Cambridge and Imperial?
Original post by JessGrimmel
Applied to Emma for PBS and been placed in the pool.... Says my application is "still of interest" and I should "hear shortly if I havent already" so does that mean I hear today?!!! I'm twice as nervous now!!!

That's exactly what mine said! Did you get the line:

I am pleased to advise you that your application remains of interest to other Colleges and you will be contacted shortly (if you have not already heard from them). ??
Original post by Telos
Just got my letter...

".....At present, decisions have yet to be made for a number of applications in Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, including yours. We will communicate a final decision to you as soon as possible within the next few days."

Join the crew! Me and a123a are in the same boat!
Reply 2706
Original post by SydneyKid
Hey I'm OP, thanks for the information, I thought that had to be the case? From what I've read about the new system, I thought they weren't allowed to say you are just still hanging around in the pool. I'm just really confused by the wording of the letter, for example the use of the word "pleased" :frown:
Our posts crossed :smile:

Original post by Telos
Just got my letter...

'Fraid so, but not as long as to the end of the month. You should hear much sooner than that.
Reply 2707
Original post by Rifleboy123
There's a small chance that I'll go for Imperial, yeah, but idk if I could ever pass up on the Oxford experience without regretting it down the line :redface: When it comes to considering the top unis in the country/world, the differences in statistics are tiny so it really comes down to personal preference. Would you have any dilemma between Cambridge and Imperial?

I got the offer so I guess I do have the dilemma haha. But like you, I don't think I could pass up on Cambridge. Though I dearly loved Imperial's course.
Original post by mookiko
i'm international so it will be a while before i hear anything T.T

Eurgh that's horrible, so cruel of them.. I really don't understand why they don't just do it by email!
Original post by Telos
Just got my letter...

It looks like you got a similar letter to me. Hopefully they can send emails next time so we get them quicker.
Original post by ILovePancakes
Offer from Magdalene for HSPS. 42 with 776... ****.

Congrats, fellow IB student :biggrin:
Original post by nanceheh
!!!!!!!!! does Jesus email! Trying to find this out! They didn't tell us anything and the website is super unclear omg :3

Heyy yeah :smile: I called them up yesterday and they're sending out emails on Monday! So the wait continues...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2712
OMG just got an offer from Caius for NatSci (email sais they send emails to overseas applicants) !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Sweet! We knew you could do it woooooo

Original post by Jasey
OMG well done!

Original post by cerlohee

Thanks!!! I love you guys! I'm so pleased
Original post by TVIO
Offer from Churchill for CS with Maths. A*A*A*A and 1/2 in STEP 2/3 but whatever I got a f***ing offer from Cambridge!!!!

Well done mate!
Original post by mollyh77
Offer from pembroke for natsci is this real life???Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I got on offer from Pembroke for Natsci as well. It is A*A*AA, which I think is based upon the fact my UMS carried me through, rather than my interview. They are asking for confirmation of them as well though, you would have thought they would do that earlier.
Rejection from Sidney to do engineering! At first I was gutted but then I was like I will probably be better off at imperial or southampton :cool:
Offer from Fitzwilliam for Engineering !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I haven't done Physics A/S yet???:biggrin:
****. My parents now know today is the day...

Latest

Trending

Trending