The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

No goals whatsoever in our team today.
Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Henderson, Moreno, Lucas, Gerrard, Markovic, Coutinho, Borini.

Subs: Ward, Enrique, Lovren, Lambert, Manquillo, Balotelli, Rossiter.
I wont even watch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Henderson, Moreno, Lucas, Gerrard, Markovic, Coutinho, Borini.

FFS what a terrible bench.
First team is a bit **** aswell as the bench.

Henderson your next captain... Good lord. I don't even want Rafa to come back anymore.
What a mediocre lineup.
Take out SAS and your team is so mediocre. Wouldn't even say its better than the Sunderland one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ouch ^
Original post by Mackay
Think we won't spend until the summer. BR has definitely been placing the owners under pressure to spend, though, suggesting that it's time the club bought "ready made" players etc.

And he's right. For once.

Just wanted to comment on this out of curiosity more than anything else.

I see on here regularly your fans talking about a number of big signings you need to make between now and summer. Which is fair enough.

But just supposing for instance you waited until the summer to spend, writing this season off and finishing outside the top 4. Wouldn't the loss from no CL football (about £50 million or something isnt it?) mean there simply wouldn't be big funds available? Where would you get all the money from?

I don't know Liverpools financial position really so correct me if I'm wrong, but surely next summer with no big name player sale and no CL football (if that happened), you'd only be looking at a £40-60 million budget, which would not get you an awful lot in this day and age. Obviously I've plucked those figures but they're based on previous years net spend.

Feel free to tell me other wise, as I said I don't know your financial position well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
No goals whatsoever in our team today.

couldn't agree more.
just gotta pray for Gerrard set pieces.

Original post by mr tim

this could turn ugly.
if we don't win, we all know rodgers is gonna take some serious criticism for fielding a team with no goals in them.

gotta hope coutinho has a good day and markovic steps it up another level.
all i see here is a boring draw, although we haven't played yet so let's just hope we do well!
In better news, Jordon Ibe looks a player.
Original post by hayles101
Just wanted to comment on this out of curiosity more than anything else.

To be perfectly honest looking at a lineup like that, why would a ''top'' player come and play for Liverpool at the moment?

Most players on the continent will have barely heard of Rodgers, a man who has achieved nothing in the game. When Arsenal were trying to sign Ozil, Wenger rang him up personally to convince him to move, would Liverpool be able to do that? If a top player from La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc looks at their squad, there's nobody that really jumps out at you. The main appeal without a doubt is getting to play with Gerrard, but that won't be there any longer.

Add in the fact that Liverpool cannot compete financially with Arsenal, United, City & Chelsea and it's hard to see it happening. United & City signed players without CL football because they could offer huge salaries, and it looked likely that it would not be a long term absence. Liverpool cannot say the same.

Their best chance was last summer when they had CL football and a £150m warchest, and they completely blew it.
Stonewall penalty.
clear penalty; doesn't really get more obvious.

our best method of scoring in this game.
referee didn't give it.
yay.

at least markovic made a great run and coutinho gave an excellent pass.

the high standard of officiating in the premier league continues..
Absolute stonewall ridiculous decision not to give the penalty.
Ludicrous decision.
IT'S A CAMPAIGN against us.
yes markovic!!!
Get in!!! Markovic. Sheer determination.
Imma chargin' mah Lazar!

Quick Reply

Latest