The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lau14
I really hope not, I'm in the same position with facebook :/

Glad there's someone else in the same position. I'm not a social person at all (and that's not going to change) so I've never had a reason to go onto Facebook (and from what I've seen from my friends, most of the stuff on it is complete trash anyway) but I don't want to be put into a position where I'm being ostracised because of that...
Reply 461
Original post by Chlorophile
Glad there's someone else in the same position. I'm not a social person at all (and that's not going to change) so I've never had a reason to go onto Facebook (and from what I've seen from my friends, most of the stuff on it is complete trash anyway) but I don't want to be put into a position where I'm being ostracised because of that...

I've gotten to be a bit more social than I used to be (well, I'm no longer totally terrified of talking to people!), but I've never gotten the point of facebook... everyone I know is 'friends' with all the people they know from past schools who were (and are) pretty horrible or that they never talk to. I wouldn't want to miss out on things because of it though
Hi all, apologies if this has already been asked - had a quick search but couldn't find anything.

Anyone else with an unconditional might be able to help me out;

"Offer conditional upon receipt by the College of either original examination certificates or legally certified copies of the qualifications declared on your UCAS application by 1 March 2015."

What are legally certified copies? I'm a bit iffy about sending originals in post.

Thanks
Can any of the current students tell me about the crewdates? I've heard that the college my offers from has the 'Regent's rabbits' which sound really fun, but do many students join?
Original post by PrinceUpsb
Hi all, apologies if this has already been asked - had a quick search but couldn't find anything.

"Offer conditional upon receipt by the College of either original examination certificates or legally certified copies of the qualifications declared on your UCAS application by 1 March 2015."

What are legally certified copies? I'm a bit iffy about sending originals in post.

Thanks

l'm also not clear on this. Perhaps when we officially receive our offers through UCAS we could enquire? I think it may mean photocopied copies of the certificate but with a school stamp or something.
Original post by Somniare
Hmm I wonder how many people confuse metaphor and reality when doing philosophy (including considering their own).
Yes there's so much ^o^ and at uni we'll have to explore even more! =D I took the liberty of exploring St Hugh's library when I was there for interview and it looks awesome...did you get a chance togo into Oriel's?
Your french must be really good! I've tried that but I need the English next to the German >.<
If you think you can then go for it! =D do you have Stephen Siklos' booklet?
Where abouts are you from by the way?

Hmm I wonder...
No, I went maths interview -> philosophy 'test' -> philosophy interview and just wanted to go home by the end of it. I've had a look at the college since getting my offer on the website though and it does look nice!
Haha, I do need to look stuff up a bit and I have already read it in English so I know what's going on. What have you read in german? I study German as well :smile:
I would like to do STEP, it's just whether I want my insurance to be conditional on doing well in it... Got a while to decide though! Yes, I do have Stephen Siklos' booklet but I haven't looked at it much yet. Probably should...
I'm from Derbyshire :smile: how about you?
Original post by Lau14
I really hope not, I'm in the same position with facebook :/

I used to feel the same way but now use it daily for talking about/organising things. It's helpful in addition to or as an alternative to texts, particularly making group conversations and events. There is a lot of trash on it but I tend to ignore that and use it mainly for messaging - it won't change you! :smile:
I doubt you'd be ostracised as such for not having it, it's just easier for everyone if everyone is available on the same platform.

Thanks
Original post by milkman94
l'm also not clear on this. Perhaps when we officially receive our offers through UCAS we could enquire? I think it may mean photocopied copies of the certificate but with a school stamp or something.

https://www.gov.uk/certifying-a-document :smile:
Reply 468

When I had to do this (in 2010), I just sent normal photocopies. :dontknow: If you have a spare day to take a trip to Oxford, you could try dropping in on your college's admissions office with the original certificates.
Reply 469
Original post by emilhay6
I'm from Wirksworth, it's near Matlock if you haven't heard of it! What about you? :biggrin:

I'm from Heanor! So hopefully I won't be the only person at Oxford who doesn't have a southern accent then? :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 470
Original post by emilhay6
I'm from Wirksworth, it's near Matlock if you haven't heard of it! What about you? :biggrin:

In fact, I've visited Wirksworth before, the hill where the map of constellations is carved into the ground? Not sure if it's a well known thing but you'll probably know about it if you're from there...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 472
Original post by alexgr97
I think I remember you too. I was Spanish and Italian (the only one doing Italian). Well done on your offer!

Forgive me if I'm wrong... Gregg?!
Reply 473
At least 50 people from my school got into Oxbridge...It's hard to feel special when everyone you know who applied got a place...>.<
Original post by Noble.
I thought the Singaporean government pays tuition even for those students who decide to study abroad?

Unfortunately, they do not. There are scholarships available but they are extremely coveted and require the student to return and work for 6 years. Guess I still have to keep trying to get one of them then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, all! Congratulations to everyone on their offers not sure where to post this, so I thought I'd stick it here. I'm an American student, and I've been offered a place to read French and Beginner's Italian. I'm in the midst of a gap year (graduated high school last spring) in which I've been studying music and working and doing generally nonacademic things. I was wondering if anyone (especially other gap year students, if you're out there!) would like to share how they're preparing to start their course, and, in my own case, if it's totally ridiculous to take an introductory semester of language to pre-game beginner's language. I mean, can you over-prepare for Oxford? Haha. Thanks in advance!
Original post by DerMe
Forgive me if I'm wrong... Gregg?!

Yeah! :smile: Apologies for sounding rude, who were you? :tongue:

Same here. I actually suffer from extreme social anxiety and thus, have never been able to interact with anyone on facebook(or real life) even though I have an account with over-100 'friends' (thats because I have studied in 7 different schools in different states.) These 4-5 posts on TSR are my only posts ever on any social site.
Original post by Yaz97
I'm from Heanor! So hopefully I won't be the only person at Oxford who doesn't have a southern accent then? :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from Newcastle and when I was at the interviews I was the only person I met from the North East! :P
Original post by shysybil.24
Who else has an offer for Physics at LMH?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah m8

Latest

Trending

Trending