The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4420
Original post by Ceresia
For anyone who is wondering about Robinson: decision letter arrived today. Rejection - single tri-fold page in a long white envelope. Posted second-class of all things on Friday.

Seems unnecessarily cruel to post rejections second class.

At least you got the information, I'm still wondering if I got in or not
Reply 4421
Just a budding cambridge student doing their GCSEs over here, wondering what GCSE grades you guys got?
Reply 4422
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Thank you!!!
Yes I did, but I didn't get an offer from robinson. I got an open offer and the cambridge DoS called me around 6pm london time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought they didn't inform the decisions that way
Original post by cerlohee
Whoo Queens'!!! :party2: Which subject have you applied to? I'm physical natsci!!

Engineering (orginally to Pembroke, but got pooled)
Original post by cerlohee

I think I would've reapplied- lots of people get in second time round! And tbh you're paying 27 grand, so it's worth making sure you're in love with the university you go to! :smile: Is york for Natsci? I was going to apply there but was a bit scared cos the course is so new :redface:

Yeah for NatSci! It's actually really cool; they have a new natural sciences building for free pizza fridays and stuff like that. And I really really love the chemistry labs; google them and they're really amazing and it's like that for everyone throughout the course. I don't know if I should be worried about it being new :confused: but they seem so competent with being really personal and welcoming with each applicant that I'm convinced they're good at this stuff honestly!
Have any home applicants actually received a letter yet from Robinson?
Hey guys, I got a letter saying that I received an offer - except that the letter said that I was to get A*AA in "RS, Eng lit, and French" and I'm taking Eng lit, Maths, and Physics. I've emailed them about it and they've said the admissions tutor will be in touch.

I applied to King's for English - has anyone else had subject issues like this? I'd be incredibly depressed if I found out they'd sent the letter to me by mistake... :frown:
Original post by JustAnotherMe
Have any home applicants actually received a letter yet from Robinson?

I'm a home applicant who was pooled to Robinson and the admissions tutor rang me yesterday to let me know, maybe you could try calling them or send them an email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deadpan
Pooled to Girton for Economics.

A least I am in, but not looking forward to the Cold Kebabs on the long way walk home at night.

Congrats! Re-interview or direct offer?
Original post by HopefulLawyerHG
I'm a home applicant who was pooled to Robinson and the admissions tutor rang me yesterday to let me know, maybe you could try calling them or send them an email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will definitely be calling tomorrow and congrats on your offer
What are engineering offer holders' requirements like? I got pooled to Newnham and I still don't know the conditions...
I'm still waiting to find out which college has pooled me. Starting to think they sent me the letter by mistake. Anyone know when i'm likely to get more info?
Has anyone received an email from Corpus Christi?
Reply 4433
Trinity offer for Maths of SS in STEP 2,3 (and Maturitni zkouska with 1 in Maths, Physics and English). I wasnt even aware of the fact that SS offer occurs until I received one :-(.
Reply 4434
Original post by Georgina2613
I'm still waiting to find out which college has pooled me. Starting to think they sent me the letter by mistake. Anyone know when i'm likely to get more info?

I'm in exactly the same situation - I've got an offer but I don't know how to find out who from. I'm sure your letter wasn't sent by mistake!
Original post by vd9
Trinity offer for Maths of SS in STEP 2,3 (and Maturitni zkouska with 1 in Maths, Physics and English). I wasnt even aware of the fact that SS offer occurs until I received one :-(.

Damn, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4436
Original post by IesIicules
Has anyone received an email from Corpus Christi?

No, not yet. :frown:
Reply 4437
Original post by physicsmaths
Damn, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I will need it.
My UCAS track hasn't updated yet?
Original post by mysus
No, not yet. :frown:

Lol are you also waiting :smile: It's horrible isn't it! What did you apply to?
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending