The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Broadgate Park

Thinking of applying to Broadgate Park for accommodation. Would be nice to hear some views of people who stay there now or have stayed there.
Reply 1
Original post by diplomaticboy
Thinking of applying to Broadgate Park for accommodation. Would be nice to hear some views of people who stay there now or have stayed there.

I live here now :smile: Got anything in particular you want to ask? I mean it's a great place to live, staff are really helpful, kitchens are all decent sizes, there's quite often free food at the courtyard and a market every friday, the walls and doors are thick so I haven't been woken up in the middle of the night by people coming back from nights out.
(edited 9 years ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Flauta
I live here now :smile: Got anything in particular you want to ask? I mean it's a great place to live, staff are really helpful, kitchens are all decent sizes, there's quite often free food at the courtyard and a market every friday, the walls and doors are thick so I haven't been woken up in the middle of the night by people coming back from nights out.

Ahh thanks! Would you say it's very social and how is it getting to town and that? My course I am hoping to study is on Jubilee Campus, so therefore would need to walk or get the hopper bus. Do you know anyone who does this from Broadgate and how they find it?
I'm also looking at broadgate park, can I ask you how far away it is from the university park campus ( specifically near the south entrance)? Also if you have a room with an ensuite how large is the room ? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by diplomaticboy
Ahh thanks! Would you say it's very social and how is it getting to town and that? My course I am hoping to study is on Jubilee Campus, so therefore would need to walk or get the hopper bus. Do you know anyone who does this from Broadgate and how they find it?

It's social yeah, at the start of the year especially there were a lot of parties, as long as you don't hide in your room you'll have no trouble making friends :smile: easy to get to town, costs a pound both ways on the night buses and a taxi is like a tenner. Don't know anyone that goes to jubilee on the hopper from broadgate everyday, it only takes about 10 minutes though so it wouldn't be too bad. Most of your coursemates won't be living in bgp though

Original post by Kaleyelizabeth96
I'm also looking at broadgate park, can I ask you how far away it is from the university park campus ( specifically near the south entrance)? Also if you have a room with an ensuite how large is the room ? Thanks :smile:
What subject? It's around 15 minutes to walk to music which is the closest to the south entrance :smile: not seen many ensuites but they're alright, at least as big as the ones I saw in Leeds and Liverpool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flauta
It's social yeah, at the start of the year especially there were a lot of parties, as long as you don't hide in your room you'll have no trouble making friends :smile: easy to get to town, costs a pound both ways on the night buses and a taxi is like a tenner. Don't know anyone that goes to jubilee on the hopper from broadgate everyday, it only takes about 10 minutes though so it wouldn't be too bad. Most of your coursemates won't be living in bgp though

Ahh cheers! sounds decent...would you say that's a problem if most of your coursemates aren't in the same or near accomodation? Also what's the wifi like and phone reception lol?
Original post by Flauta

Also, do the international students often go to a particular accommodation? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending