The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

I'm a Chinese-American applicant applying from an international school in China. I'm a predicted 45/45 (with HL's in English, History, and Economics) and I'm applying to International Relations and History.

I really hope I have a shot at LSE and am not discriminated because I'm Asian. I know this may be the case for my US colleges. Is LSE harsh strict towards international students?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by drcharisma
I'm a Chinese-American applicant applying from an international school in China. I'm a predicted 45/45 (with HL's in English, History, and Economics) and I'm applying to International Relations and History.

I really hope I have a shot at LSE and am not discriminated because I'm Asian. I know this may be the case for my US colleges. Is LSE harsh strict towards international students?

LSE is the most internationally diverse university in the world, why would they discriminate against you because you are Asian?
congrats!! when does ucas get updated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have a great chance at LSE and you won't be discriminated at all. Stay cool.
Reply 2224

Buddy with a 45, you are in with an awesome shot. Actually there has been a growing concern that LSE is financially unsustainable, and being a full-tuition international may actually help your cause. Of course, LSE is a world-leading institute up there with Harvard, Oxford, Princeton etc, so no one is really guaranteed a place. Keep that in mind when you get your final decision. However, with a 45, as long as your ps is well written you are in with an above average chance.
What makes a personal statement LSE quality? And would they take people with a better ps over people with higher grades? Eg 95ums+
Original post by sneakbo2
Has anyone AT ALL gotten an Accounting and Finance offer?

this is pissing me off now. A and F has square root jack sh!t responses from admissions. Dunno why tbh since i got the xmas email and am currently about to finish my 8 weeks plus xmas 2 weeks as of monday. Doubt i'll hear anything tbh it is pissing me off badly :/
Anyone heard anything for Anthropology or Anthropology and Law?
Original post by tazza ma razza
this is pissing me off now. A and F has square root jack sh!t responses from admissions. Dunno why tbh since i got the xmas email and am currently about to finish my 8 weeks plus xmas 2 weeks as of monday. Doubt i'll hear anything tbh it is pissing me off badly :/

It's getting on my nerves too, just have to keep waiting tbh
hi everyone, do u kmow if ucas is updated on thursay evenings or friday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jchap9776
What makes a personal statement LSE quality? And would they take people with a better ps over people with higher grades? Eg 95ums+

Yes.
They say that LSE sends a bunch of offers on Thursdays and and some rejections on friday...
Reply 2232
Original post by nyawke
They say that LSE sends a bunch of offers on Thursdays and and some rejections on friday...

So no offer today = rejection tomorrow?
W
Original post by beardedlondoner
hi everyone, do u kmow if ucas is updated on thursay evenings or friday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just got an email about the April open day.
Original post by avar
So no offer today = rejection tomorrow?

Or no offer today, no rejection tomorrow and you will see next week...
Is it only Thursday that they give out offers or Fridays as well? (Somebody said earlier that they take it in turns per week so one week offers and the next week rejects?)
Who else is going to the offer holders' day on the 15th April?
Hi
My son's going from Ireland.
I'm in the U.S., so it's too far for me to go to the offer holders day. Wish I could!
Original post by jchap9776

Basically showing that your head over heels for your subject.

I had two friends last year who applied with me, one had virtually straight A*s GCSE, perfect predictions, 97% avg but didn't get in. Rejection letter said "while PS was good, it wasn't as good as that of other applicants." The other had 4A*s GCSE, lower predictions and sub-90 UMS and he got in (but in March). Make of that what you will.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending