The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nyawke
Or no offer today, no rejection tomorrow and you will see next week...

ever the optimist hahaha :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2241
Just been reading over a few pages of this thread and I've noticed that people who are getting rejected are getting rejected at the end of the 8 (8+2) week period and those who are receiving the 4 week email are receiving it after 7 weeks of the 8(8+2) email. My 8 weeks is up next week so I'm trying to work out if the above is true, that if I don't receive a 4 week email tomorrow then theres a much higher chance of me getting rejected next week. Am I seeing things or have others noticed that too?
My 8 week email ended weeks a go and I still haven't heard anything! Different departments do things at different times so don't panic...
Is anyone going to the offer holders' day in April? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by uncleshneb
My 8 week email ended weeks a go and I still haven't heard anything! Different departments do things at different times so don't panic...

What did you apply for?
Original post by Dave97
What did you apply for?

Maths and econ, wbu?
Maths and econ, wbu?

My 8 weeks for maths and econ ended last week and I still haven't heard anything, so you're not the only one! I think we might get a 4 week email tomorrow.
Original post by ak2015
My 8 weeks for maths and econ ended last week and I still haven't heard anything, so you're not the only one! I think we might get a 4 week email tomorrow.

I got mine one week after my eight weeks ended

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by inclop4.5
I got mine one week after my eight weeks ended

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have they sent you their final decision yet?
Reply 2249
Has anyone ever received an offer on Friday? Terrified I'm getting a rejection tomorrow (govt and econ applicant)
Maths and econ, wbu?

Anthropology and Law
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Basically showing that your head over heels for your subject.

I had two friends last year who applied with me, one had virtually straight A*s GCSE, perfect predictions, 97% avg but didn't get in. Rejection letter said "while PS was good, it wasn't as good as that of other applicants." The other had 4A*s GCSE, lower predictions and sub-90 UMS and he got in (but in March). Make of that what you will.

Hmmmm, my personal statement is coherent and concise, but worried I don't develop all my points. I guess I'm gonna wait to find out but seems like the LSE personal statement could be the same BS stumbling block as Oxbridge interviews :frown:
Original post by ak2015

Yeah I was thinking that,good luck!
Original post by jchap9776
Hmmmm, my personal statement is coherent and concise, but worried I don't develop all my points. I guess I'm gonna wait to find out but seems like the LSE personal statement could be the same BS stumbling block as Oxbridge interviews :frown:

Yh I feel the over-emphasis on the PS is unfair, but that's the game we've gotta play :frown:. Anyways, hope it goes well you man!
Original post by ak2015
Have they sent you their final decision yet?

Hi!I've also applied for maths and econ and now into my 8+2+4 weeks. I think I'll get a decision by this month if they don't send me another waiting email.
Original post by AmyZhang
Hi!I've also applied for maths and econ and now into my 8+2+4 weeks. I think I'll get a decision by this month if they don't send me another waiting email.

Best of luck, I hope it goes well for you.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Yh I feel the over-emphasis on the PS is unfair, but that's the game we've gotta play :frown:. Anyways, hope it goes well you man!

Cheers mate :smile:
When you have so many people with similar grades how do you differentiate between them? Introducing a separate test is one way, like in the case of Oxbridge where they screen off at least a third before they interview. Not having all that, the only way left is to 'interview' through a 'deep evaluation' into applicants' PS. One can argue that the PS favours those who are very good at communicating their motivations and passion .... and disadvantages those who are less able. Then again, the same can be said of the interview process. Tough ... getting into LSE is seriously competitive .... and the result is ..... LSE turns out graduates who are seriously competitive too. Congratulations to those who get offers. But, to the rest, don't feel bad either, because you may end up having more fun than them :smile:
Original post by JPD96
Just been reading over a few pages of this thread and I've noticed that people who are getting rejected are getting rejected at the end of the 8 (8+2) week period and those who are receiving the 4 week email are receiving it after 7 weeks of the 8(8+2) email. My 8 weeks is up next week so I'm trying to work out if the above is true, that if I don't receive a 4 week email tomorrow then theres a much higher chance of me getting rejected next week. Am I seeing things or have others noticed that too?

I got my offer a week after my 8 weeks were offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2259
Original post by VedikaA
I got my offer a week after my 8 weeks were offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you remember whether you got your offer on a thursday or a friday? and for what subject?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending