The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by avar
Can you remember whether you got your offer on a thursday or a friday? and for what subject?

I got it on a Thursday for management.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hi ! I just got an offer to sit the UGAA , on my qualification page it says they only offer it to candidates ( of those having my qualifications ) who are excellent!! Does this mean they like me a little?
Reply 2262
Original post by Stark95
Hi ! I just got an offer to sit the UGAA , on my qualification page it says they only offer it to candidates ( of those having my qualifications ) who are excellent!! Does this mean they like me a little?

They do! Congratulations! :wink:
Hi guys my 8+ 2 weeks are over since 10 days now - should I send them an email?
Original post by ucas2015app
Hi guys my 8+ 2 weeks are over since 10 days now - should I send them an email?

Maybe once it gets to two weeks. I'd be weary of slowing the process down by giving them more to deal with.
Just got a 4 week email. Sigh
jpd96
Just been reading over a few pages of this thread and I've noticed that people who are getting rejected are getting rejected at the end of the 8 (8+2) week period and those who are receiving the 4 week email are receiving it after 7 weeks of the 8(8+2) email. My 8 weeks is up next week so I'm trying to work out if the above is true, that if I don't receive a 4 week email tomorrow then theres a much higher chance of me getting rejected next week. Am I seeing things or have others noticed that too?

Spot on by the looks of it. Got my 4 wk email, today, the week before my 8+2 was meant to end.
Same thing here! My 8+2 week was meant to end 19th Jan but got 4 week email today. So now we have to wait 4 weeks until the 16th Feb for the good news :smile:
So a month after the LAST 4 week email I get this

Dear Ms *******

I am writing with further information on your application to study at the LSE.

Following a thorough assessment of your application our Admissions Selector has decided that we need a little more time in order to fully assess your application against others in your cohort. This may take up to four weeks but please rest assured that we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible.

There is nothing you need to do in regards to your application. Please do not send us any additional information at this time; if we have further queries I will contact you.

We appreciate your patience, and will be in touch in due course. As always, if you have any questions you are welcome to contact me.

Kind regards,

I'm done.
Original post by PrincessAlexis
So a month after the LAST 4 week email I get this

Dear Ms *******

I am writing with further information on your application to study at the LSE.

Following a thorough assessment of your application our Admissions Selector has decided that we need a little more time in order to fully assess your application against others in your cohort. This may take up to four weeks but please rest assured that we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible.

There is nothing you need to do in regards to your application. Please do not send us any additional information at this time; if we have further queries I will contact you.

We appreciate your patience, and will be in touch in due course. As always, if you have any questions you are welcome to contact me.

Kind regards,

I'm done.

LOL, that gif though. :tongue:

Solidarity with all you other 4 week email people out there.
Original post by tazza ma razza
Same thing here! My 8+2 week was meant to end 19th Jan but got 4 week email today. So now we have to wait 4 weeks until the 16th Feb for the good news :smile:

I think I'll break down emotionally if they don't give me an offer after this lmao
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
I think I'll break down emotionally if they don't give me an offer after this lmao

That's so weird, I never got a 4 week email. I applied October 10 and got a 2 week and an 8 week email, but got an offer a week into the 8 weeks on November 13. Must be down to departments :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got a 4 week email. Sigh

Its perfectly normal to go the 4 week email, I got it before Christmas... Its better than getting rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got a four week email; do you think its a good sign because it shows that they're really considering my application since they want more time?
Original post by Dave97
I just got a four week email; do you think its a good sign because it shows that they're really considering my application since they want more time?

Yes. Good luck :smile:
So I just got rejected a week after the 4 week email 😞😞... I got the rejection through UCAS and not an email from the UG admissions department. Did anyone else get rejected like this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got rejected just now for law :frown: Durham remains my top choice so I'm still hopeful! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dave97

Well it does mean that you are not obviously no longer worth considering in which you will not get the 4 week email but a rejection instead. It does actually mean you are still in the running and that is good, right?
Reply 2278
Spot on by the looks of it. Got my 4 wk email, today, the week before my 8+2 was meant to end.

Unfortunately my theory was not correct. I guessed that rejection come after 8 weeks, and 4 week email after 7 weeks, but I just got rejected after 7 weeks unfortunately
Original post by jamesmact
Got rejected just now for law :frown: Durham remains my top choice so I'm still hopeful! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get an email from LSE or from UCAS? Just got rejected too 😒☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending