The Student Room Group

please helpppp!!!!

hi, Im seriously screwed
i've got 2 alevels done with C,B. i need a third one, and i need to do it it 3 months, will be appearing in this may/june session as a private candidate. Suggest me some full alevels subjects that are doable. Im aiming for a C, since i have no time.

p.s: i know i've screwed, so i dont need anyone telling me. So if you cant give me some useful advice, dont bother posting here telling how im screwed.

Thanks a million

Scroll to see replies

If you needed another A-level, you should have started sooner.

Which subjects do you enjoy and which are you good at? If we know that, we can make good suggestions.
Reply 2
I know and im regretting it pretty bad, i had some medical issues.
Any how, ive got economics and business studies done. Im pretty good with computers and programming, but i cant take computing since im appearing as a private candidate.
Reply 3
Maths?
Reply 4
do u think its doable in 3 months?
Original post by marioman
Maths?

No, someone with no prior experience cannot self-study 6 maths modules in three months. It's just not doable.

Maybe physics? It's easier and there are fewer exams. However if you can't take the practical assessments you lose 20% of the marks automatically.
Reply 6
yeah i was going through the physics syllabus right now. what about psychology? what do you think?
Reply 7
Why don't you take a gap year to do a full A level? That way you have a much higher chance of getting a better grade like an A.
Reply 8
im thinking,why not physics? what if i leave the practical part and only go for the written exams? since im only aiming for a C?
Reply 9
gap year isnt an option, trust me i wouldve considered it if i could. i dont want an A at this point
Reply 10
Physics is not an easy subject. I wouldn't recommend it.
Original post by rise303
im thinking,why not physics? what if i leave the practical part and only go for the written exams? since im only aiming for a C?

Yeah it's possible and so far seems like your best option. You should ask the college if they will let you sit the practicals though because the worst that can happen is they say no. If they say yes, you get more chance of marks.

Keep thinking of other options though.
Reply 12
hmmm...what other options do i have apart from physics? any idea? (sorry if im asking alot, im just really mind buzzed at the moment, freaking out actually.)
Original post by HAnwar
Physics is not an easy subject. I wouldn't recommend it.

It's my easiest subject.
Reply 14
Original post by morgan8002
It's my easiest subject.

It's generally said to be a hard subject though.
Also, you aren't doing it in 3 months.
Original post by HAnwar
It's generally said to be a hard subject though.
Also, you aren't doing it in 3 months.

It's not that hard. True, any subject of that kind will be difficult in 3 months though.

OP have you thought about the A-levels that are considered extremely easy such as general studies? They may or may not be useful for your needs.
Reply 16
Try Sociology.
Reply 17
hey i went through the sociology syllabus, i'll just have to appear in 3 exams for a whole alevel! seems alot better then physics? what do u guys think?
Reply 18
I swear it's four papers?
Yeah it's not that hard. Half of it is common sense.
Original post by rise303
hey i went through the sociology syllabus, i'll just have to appear in 3 exams for a whole alevel! seems alot better then physics? what do u guys think?

I can't really comment on sociology because I didn't take it. If it seems better to you then take it.

Latest