The Student Room Group

Helpppp

I have a boyfriend and he gets annoyed at me everytime I don't want to do 'stuff' and I've told him before how he does that so I end up doing stuff just so he doesn't get mad but I know that's really bad and idk if this will change...
Reply 1
Never do anything in a relationship that you aren't comfortable with. Your boyfriend sounds controlling; get away from him and wait for someone who will respect you.
Original post by Surnia
Never do anything in a relationship that you aren't comfortable with. Your boyfriend sounds controlling; get away from him and wait for someone who will respect you.

Stuff like this has happened in the past with other people, am I just too stuck up? idk I think I need to work on my communication skills but I was trying to do so before seeking a relationship with someone but with my boyfriend now he was so good to me I couldn't continue to push him away and just thought I have to work on my communication even more now
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Stuff like this has happened in the past with other people, am I just too stuck up? idk I think I need to work on my communication skills but I was trying to do so before seeking a relationship with someone but with my boyfriend now he was so good to me I couldn't continue to push him away and just thought I have to work on my communication even more now

Of course you aren't stuck up! Being in a relationship doesn't take away the right to say "no, I don't want to do that." And your bf has communication and anger issues if he gets annoyed with you. Being good to you to make you feel guilty about not doing stuff is manipulative and I doubt things will get better, more likely worse.
Original post by Surnia

Absolutely agree. This kind of behaviors always evolve into a very toxic atmosphere in the relationship. My ex bf was/seemed a nice guy outdoors but when we were intimate he was abusive and manipulative. It started gradually so it was a long time for me to notice and luckily I broke up with him. Careful with guys like this girl
Stuff like this has happened in the past with other people...

So this has been a recurring issue in your relationships? And by "stuff" are we specifically talking about sex or something more general?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 1582
So this has been a recurring issue in your relationships? And by "stuff" are we specifically talking about sex or something more general?

Well this is my first serious relationship but yeah with my past situations it’s been me not wanting to send certain pics and stuff like that. Are all teenage (18yo) boys just extremely hornee or do I get unlucky lol because it seems to be the former
Absolutely agree. This kind of behaviors always evolve into a very toxic atmosphere in the relationship. My ex bf was/seemed a nice guy outdoors but when we were intimate he was abusive and manipulative. It started gradually so it was a long time for me to notice and luckily I broke up with him. Careful with guys like this girl

I wouldn’t call mine abusive and manipulative but then again maybe I’m just being delusional…
Reply 8
I wouldn’t call mine abusive and manipulative but then again maybe I’m just being delusional…

He gets mad at you to do stuff, you do stuff so he doesn't get mad; textbook definition of a relationship that is abusive and manipulative.
Reply 9
He has now found God and become celibate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending