The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andreia1110
Has anyone heard back from UCL? Applied in November and still haven't heard back :frown:

Some people have, I think they give out offers in batches, the first batch have gone out as quite a few people on this thread hold UCL offers. I added UCL onto my application in dec so still waiting, not expecting to hear anything until mid feb - early march tbh. Anyway I'm sure you'll hear from them soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Yeah warwick would be my second choice but idk whether having an A*AA backup is too much pressure whereas I could have A*ABB or AAA hmm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm the only way you'd miss your Camb offer and meet the Warwick one is if you get an A* in Maths and As in the rest. Since you have high UMS at AS I don't see how you could get Bs so Notts is out of the question. It depends on if you'd want both your offers hinging on you getting an A* or not as to whether you go for Warwick or Leeds. But I think since you're doing FM, the A* Maths should come quite naturally imo.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Hmm the only way you'd miss your Camb offer and meet the Warwick one is if you get an A* in Maths and As in the rest. Since you have high UMS at AS I don't see how you could get Bs so Notts is out of the question. It depends on if you'd want both your offers hinging on you getting an A* or not as to whether you go for Warwick or Leeds. But I think since you're doing FM, the A* Maths should come quite naturally imo.

Warwick wants an A* in Maths?For the straight Economics course,it says A*AA.

Hmm yeah I might wait and see how my mocks go and out confident I feel from them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skill Twix
Warwick wants an A* in Maths?For the straight Economics course,it says A*AA.

Yeah you're right it's just that my cambridge offer doesn't include maths so if I had warwick in my insurance is really have to have an A* in maths to miss my camb grades but get into warwick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2605
Original post by andreia1110
Has anyone heard back from UCL? Applied in November and still haven't heard back :frown:

I applied in october and still haven't heard back. However I know a couple of people who applied at the same times me and have been rejected so I guess its not all bad news
Reply 2606
Original post by abccba120
Some people have, I think they give out offers in batches, the first batch have gone out as quite a few people on this thread hold UCL offers. I added UCL onto my application in dec so still waiting, not expecting to hear anything until mid feb - early march tbh. Anyway I'm sure you'll hear from them soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know roughly when the next batch will be?
Original post by complexbruh
Have many people applied to Nottingham , if so what kind of offers are they getting, also what do employers and people think of the Uni

Hi, I am holding an offer of A*ABB for Economics and Spanish at Nottingham. GCSE's weren't outstanding so you'll probably get an offer soon! From what I gather, Nott is very highly rated by employers, especially Investment Banks :smile:
Just wondering if many people have heard back from Warwick? I have offers from Birmingham, Nottingham, Bath and a rejection from Oxford but haven't heard anything from Warwick.

On another note - I'm torn between Warwick (assuming I get it :biggrin:) and Bath. I slightly prefer the atmosphere at Bath and much prefer the city, but obviously Warwick is so much better on paper... Just wondering what other people would do? :frown:
Original post by SMR1997
Just wondering if many people have heard back from Warwick? I have offers from Birmingham, Nottingham, Bath and a rejection from Oxford but haven't heard anything from Warwick.

On another note - I'm torn between Warwick (assuming I get it :biggrin:) and Bath. I slightly prefer the atmosphere at Bath and much prefer the city, but obviously Warwick is so much better on paper... Just wondering what other people would do? :frown:

Still haven't heard from Warwick! :frown:
Original post by JPD96
Do you know roughly when the next batch will be?

I don't know tbh, but I'm guessing sometime in february, probably early to mid feb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a rejection from Warwick last week so I think bath is my first choice now!
Original post by louisjones

Bath is such a nice place! Where else have you applied? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2613

What were your stats mate?
I applied to Cambridge, Warwick, Bath, Exeter and Durham. Still waiting on Durham but I think bath will be my first choice anyway.
I got 5A*s and 6As and a B at GCSE and 3 A's last year in history AS, chemistry AS and maths A2. I also do Welsh Bac and am doing AS further maths this year.

Waiting on LSE and UCL, if they don't work out I think I'll firm Bath too! But bristol is tempting too..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to Cambridge, Warwick, Bath, Exeter and Durham. Still waiting on Durham but I think bath will be my first choice anyway.
I got 5A*s and 6As and a B at GCSE and 3 A's last year in history AS, chemistry AS and maths A2. I also do Welsh Bac and am doing AS further maths this year.

Btw is your offer from Bath AAA and a C in welsh bac? Because that's what I was offered, really happy they reduce it with welsh bac :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skill Twix
Still haven't heard from Warwick! :frown:

If it helps I didn't hear back from Warwick last year until early February, and I applied in October... They generally take the longest to reply back out of the Top 5, so prepare to do a lot of waiting.
If it helps I didn't hear back from Warwick last year until early February, and I applied in October... They generally take the longest to reply back out of the Top 5, so prepare to do a lot of waiting.

Ah cheers! :smile:
Original post by abccba120
Btw is your offer from Bath AAA and a C in welsh bac? Because that's what I was offered, really happy they reduce it with welsh bac :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's what they offered me!
Although it's attainable, it won't motivate me as much to go for the 3 A*'s 😞
Where abouts in Wales you living?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending