The Student Room Group

Scandinavian studies - anyone else applying?

Hi all!

I've applied to do this at both Edinburgh (Scandinavian studies BA) and UCL (Scandinavian studies with Linguistics BA) for 2015 entry, wondered if anyone else has also applied for this subject?

Are you someone who has already been studying this? What are your experiences? I'd love to know :smile:

x
Reply 1
If you don't mind me asking. Why Scandinavian studies? What language did you take for A levels?
There is a huge thread on Scandinavian Studies here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=510958

I'm considering applying, but for 2016 entry! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by LamantChenille
There is a huge thread on Scandinavian Studies here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=510958

I'm considering applying, but for 2016 entry! :biggrin:

DERP, totally failed to notice the existing thread! Thanks for the redirect! :wink:

Also, to BEAN! I'm a mature student who's been out of the education system in the traditional A-Level sense for nearly a decade, but I lived in Sweden for a year and studied german at school, which I continue to study now with the OU :smile: I love the languages, cultures, histories and especially linguistic elements of the languages and how hey relate, differ and what lead to the old Norse diversifying and evolving as it has.

Probably makes me sound like a boring fart, but I love it! :smile:
Oh lucky you! I'd love to learn Swedish as a minor, with German as a major, but I couldn't find any unis offering that, so I've applied for German & Business instead. I hope you have an amazing time with your Scandinavian Studies! :smile:
Original post by Ivoryfall
Hi all!

I've applied to do this at both Edinburgh (Scandinavian studies BA) and UCL (Scandinavian studies with Linguistics BA) for 2015 entry, wondered if anyone else has also applied for this subject?

Are you someone who has already been studying this? What are your experiences? I'd love to know :smile:

x

Hello! :smile:

I would like to apply for 2016 entry to the same universities as you. For the moment, I'm trying to write the personal statement. Could you give me any advice?
Original post by gabrielasachetti
Hello! :smile:

I would like to apply for 2016 entry to the same universities as you. For the moment, I'm trying to write the personal statement. Could you give me any advice?

There is a really big Scandinavian Studies thread here. If you have time to read through it, there is a lot of information about applying / PS tips. What have you got in your statement so far?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending