The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JustAnotherMe
Hey do you know when they let applicants know if they have an open offer or not for medicine ?

Think their aiming for 22nd/23rd
Original post by abigai11
Think their aiming for 22nd/23rd

thanks I really haven't been well informed by my college they were like you're in the pool good luck and that was it lol
thanks I really haven't been well informed by my college they were like you're in the pool good luck and that was it lol

Ahah same, I got fed up and rang them in the end
Original post by abigai11
Ahah same, I got fed up and rang them in the end

Oh what did they say on the phone and did they say they would let applicants know by phone or letter. Sorry I'm really curious.
Oh what did they say on the phone and did they say they would let applicants know by phone or letter. Sorry I'm really curious.

Hey,
I got an open offer for vetmed, so I don't know if it will be exactly the same procedure, but I found out by phone and then the underwriting college sent me an email saying they'll send the official letter soon.
Good luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Hey,
I got an open offer for vetmed, so I don't know if it will be exactly the same procedure, but I found out by phone and then the underwriting college sent me an email saying they'll send the official letter soon.
Good luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I'll be clinging to my phone from now lol
Hi

has anyone heard back for the MPhil in Development Studies Course?
My online application status shows 'Under consideration by the Department'.

Thanks
Pankhuri
India
Reply 4967
what if the status on ucas has already changed, but no email has been received yet?
Reply 4968
Original post by pankhuri
Hi

has anyone heard back for the MPhil in Development Studies Course?
My online application status shows 'Under consideration by the Department'.

Thanks
Pankhuri
India

This is the undergraduate applicants thread, so it's unlikely. Hope you find out soon, best of luck.
Reply 4969
Original post by NMRN
If we have an offer are we allowed to ask for feedback on our interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. They're really busy, and the offer is proof that we did pretty darn well somewhere! Also, apparently we get informal feedback when we get to Cambridge, so we'll find out then I guess.
Finally got a response after being reinterviewed. I was unsuccessful. :/
Reply 4971
Original post by Jeyin
what if the status on ucas has already changed, but no email has been received yet?
It's the Track status that counts, but you should contact your preference college and ask them why they haven't emailed you.

Original post by NMRN
If we have an offer are we allowed to ask for feedback on our interviews?
No point.

Original post by Rainybird
Commiserations :frown:

Sorry to hear that:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :frown: Track update?
Original post by chloe--
Same :frown: Track update?

Yeah, kinda sucks that the college I was reinterviewed at didn't send me a letter first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, kinda sucks that the college I was reinterviewed at didn't send me a letter first

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same. Also sucks that the original college didn't send me a letter either - track is a particularly nasty way to find out!
Reply 4976
Original post by chloe--
Yeah same. Also sucks that the original college didn't send me a letter either - track is a particularly nasty way to find out!
Commiserations :smile:

It's really poor that colleges allow this to happen - they upload the information for CAO to transmit to UCAS, so you would have thought the least they could is make sure an email is sent at the same time.
Original post by Minerva

No point.

I (and my school) have asked for my feedback, despite receiving an offer, so that I and my school know which areas of my application/interview were strongest and which were weakest, for future reference for candidates from my school :smile:

They have responded saying they're prioritising unsuccessful applicants first, of course, but we thought it would be useful information, when it comes through :tongue:
Reply 4978
Original post by This Is My Swamp
I (and my school) have asked for my feedback, despite receiving an offer, so that I and my school know which areas of my application/interview were strongest and which were weakest, for future reference for candidates from my school :smile:

They have responded saying they're prioritising unsuccessful applicants first, of course, but we thought it would be useful information, when it comes through :tongue:
Then your college must be unusually accommodating - most won't provide feedback for successful candidates, on the basis that there's no need.
Original post by chloe--

Absolutely. Track usually has a computerised letter too, but not this time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending